Thursday, September 22, 2022

Autumn Begins

6:40

It's 6:38 as I start this and the sky is dark with a slash of light off to the east. It's 57º and the next few days look as if it's going to get cooler, more fall-like. It's 9:20 as I finish this blog. I managed to get in a half hour paddle before heading over to Bemus Point for breakfast. 

Kayak Morning

Northern Sky

Yesterday was a day when we got nothing done. I did kayak on a fine morning and wrote the blog but that was about it for the day. We were in no hurry to finish coffee or get started but by 10:00, I was off to Jamestown to get a blood test. When I arrived, a gal was standing outside the building and she told me the lab was closed for some reason.  Great.  So I stopped at two pharmacies just to see if they had the Moderna booster and neither had it nor did they know when they might get it. Great. Since I was out,  I stopped at Aldi's and picked up three or four things, then some corn at the stand. I decided to reward myself with a sandwich from the Ashville General Store, a Hijacker like a Cuban. 

When I returned home, Evie was not feeling well, a result we think from the cortisone shots in her knees on Tuesday. Her face was bright red and felt feverish on and off.  She did make a big pot of veggie soup but relaxed the rest of the day,  reading or watching TV. I had my sandwich and watched another episode of Game of Thrones.  After lunch, I read and napped some then did little the rest of the day, a bit bored to be honest but too lazy to bike or go for a hike or walk. 

Rainbow At 4:40 In The Afternoon

By 6:00, Evie gathered enough mojo to fry up some potatoes and bread and fry a couple of pork chops for our dinner. We were not up for watching the Holocaust documentary so we watched the usual, Colbert, Jeopardy and a partial episode of the Great English Baking Show before going up to bed early, not the best of days.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...