Saturday, September 10, 2022

Lots Of Sun And No Fog

6:55

7:04

It's 9:10 and I have just returned from a seventy-minute paddle, over to Toms Point and back and ran into Tina and Jim as usual on the weekends. I was up at 6:50 and was happy to see the sunrise, no fog so I could be on the lake by 7:30.

Kayak Morning

Bemus Point Bridge

Heron At Tom's Point

Sandy Bottom

Yesterday, Friday, was a bore as I was up early and had to wait at least two and a half hours for the fog to rise so I could get back out on the lake. It was a spectacular paddle, with the sun and fog rising and it was clear enough to get a couple of photos of herons. Evie was up doing things when I returned and had a few things on my to-do lists but was willing to put them off until I took my bike ride. I couldn't pass up a ride because it was a fine morning, just starting to warm up as I drove off to Bemus. I rode for an hour, my usual to the park and back and saw no one on the trail. When I returned home, I got one of my jobs done, trimming the privets and pulling out some of the killer vines that tend to wrap about the branches, ultimately killing the hedge if it's not pulled off. 

Tip Of Long Point

The Woods Trail

By the time I was done, Evie had a couple of egg salad sandwiches ready for me so I watched my show, Game of Thrones, as I try to figure out who is out to outdo who for the kingship. I then started a new book, after starting two that I couldn't get into, another Dismas Hardy novel, my sixth or seventh. 

For the rest of the afternoon, we relaxed either on the porch or yard.  Our son,Tom, is helping us get new iPhones, courtesy of TMobile.  It seemed to be quite a hassle but he eventually was able to get new phones for not only his family but also the two of us. The new phone is supposed to have a great camera so I am excited. I also watched some tennis, as Ruud, a Norwegian moved to the finals on Sunday against the Spaniard, Alvarez, a 19-year-old phenom who beat the American Tiafoe last night in five sets. 


Around 6:00, Evie put together our dinner, Salisbury steak, mashed potatoes, and a salad, something that sounded good to both of us if not very healthy. So we enjoyed our diner-like dinner and watched a couple of episodes of a series on Hulu called The Old Man, with Jeff Bridges as a retired CIA agent. It's good enough to keep watching. Around 8:00, I walked outside to take photos of an amazing Harvest Moon, hanging over Tom's Point. We ended the night watching the tennis match through two sets as Alvarez seemed to be having his way with Tiafoe although it took five sets for him to accomplish a win. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...