Saturday, September 24, 2022

Chillin On A Saturday Morning

Great Blue Heron

6:38

6:44

6:50

6:50

6:53

I was up at 6:30 and loved the changing morning sky before the rising of the sun. Now at 7:30,  the sky is one gray curtain, the sun hiding behind it. And the bass boats have just roared off from the marina, no doubt frightening away any birds I hope to see when I kayak. Damn. Still, I am going to get out there now and hope for the best. Well, it's 8:52 and I had a good hour paddle and photographed a couple of herons and an immature eagle above Victoria. It was cold out there, especially my hands, but no wind which made it bearable.

Kayak Morning

Looking North

Amazing Clouds

Fishing Off A Boat Lift



Ready To Take Off

Friday was for some reason a busy day as we decided to get some things done, always things to get done, right. I had a brief paddle because of the wind, so I had the whole morning to enjoy. Because Evie was supposed to take it easy for five days after her steroid shots in both knees, I was elected to mow the lawn. So while Evie did stuff inside, like laundry, I mowed the lawn, something I am not used to doing because Evie loves to do it. It took me about forty-five minutes, with a brief break. I was done just after noon, so Evie made me lunch, a couple of salami sandwiches, and soup. 

While I ate, Evie cheated some and went out and mowed the grass in the garden and I had to stop her from mowing the lawn again,  She's one stubborn chick. We relaxed, then, Evie on the front porch, pouting, because I made her stop mowing and me reading and napping. By 4:00, I was bored as usual and went out and cleaned out the garage, taking out everything, then sweeping it and putting everything back. I also took a pail of deadfall up the hill and by 5:30, we were enjoying a libation in our living room, with a slice of good cheese and spicy cashews. It was strange to sit inside with the heat on. We had an easy dinner, the leftover chicken, stuffing, and gravy, and watched the usual shows, although we put off watching another episode of The US And The Holocaust for another night. I finished my Ruth Ware book, loving everything but a predictable end and started a new Don Winslow, The Winter Of Frankie Machine. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...