Friday, September 23, 2022

Fall Arrives With 43º And Gusty Winds

7:15

7:27

8:06

I have been up since 6:30, basically for an hour, listening to the wind howl. It's 7:18 and the sun just rose above the horizon, sandwiched between the horizon and a cloud bank. I can't believe how the weather has changed in the past 24 hours. Yesterday was so windy that the boats had a hard time cruising the lake. A few went out but quickly returned because of the waves and wind. Well, I went out for all of ten minutes, smartly paddled into the 20 mph wind, made no headway, and just returned home and now I am cozy and warm, sitting on my couch with a coffee. 

A Brief Kayak Morning

Yesterday I was lucky to get in a paddle and was surprised at how the winds picked up as I returned home. It's a good thing I didn't wait much longer. I had breakfast at the crowded Bemus Point Inn and it's interesting how the same gangs seem to be there each Thursday, the retired doctors, the businessmen, etc. I decided to skip yoga because I was to get my blood drawn at 10:40, then shop at Wegmans and that seemed like enough for me on a Thursday. It's a good thing I made an appointment for my blood test because the lab was busy. Wegman's on a Thursday is not too bad although I picked the wrong line, as usual, to check out. 

I didn't get home until 12:30 and was looking forward to a bowl of Evie's vegetable soup, a staple in the fall and winter. Healthy and delicious, I was a happy guy as I watched my series. While I was gone, Evie was busy upstairs getting the bedrooms ready for our next guests. So she was busy part of the morning. I am into my Ruth Ware book, The It Girl. I am surprised I had not read any of her books before. It was getting really windy and cooling off during the afternoon, perfect weather for a nap and reading. 

A Windy Afternoon at 3:23

By 4:00, I was antsy so I decided to begin some of my fall chores by taking the benches and folding chairs off of the dock, using a wheelbarrow, and putting away a couple of the Adirondack chairs which we never seem to use. That didn't take long but at least I felt like I accomplished something. By 5:00, Evie was putting together our chicken, stuffing, and gravy dinner and I helped with the dishes. We also enjoyed a glass of wine, a necessity when making dinner in the kitchen. We ate by 6:30, watched a couple of our usual shows, then another good hour and a half of The US And The Holocaust on PBS. We can only take it in short bouts it's so depressing, especially the scope of antisemitism not only in Germany but all over the world, especially in the US. I don't get it. We also watched snippets of the Browns/Steelers game but it was a bore so we both went to bed early.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...