Thursday, September 29, 2022

Overcast and Breezy

7:57

It's 7:09 and I have been up for almost an hour, wondering if I might get in a paddle. The sky, however, and wind, and the fact that I have breakfast at 8:00 makes me want to stay in my comfortable house and skip it this morning. Also, it's still dark enough to make it impossible to photograph birds. It's 9:25 and I just returned from breakfast and am shocked by the news of Sanibel's bridge is out as well as the many fatalities. 

Wednesday was not a fun day, at least for me. After a decent paddle, which means I avoided getting soaked, I had an early breakfast, at 7:00 because I had to fast before a CT scan at 10:15. So by 8:30 I was on my way to Cleveland Clinic, Ashtabula, an hour and a half drive. I get this scan once a year so it's no big deal other than fasting and driving three hours, ruining my morning. I was in and out in 15 minutes and on my way home, stopping at Love's for gas and a chicken sandwich with fries since I had not eaten since 7:15. 

I was home just before 1:00 and Evie had a huge pot of chili simmering on the stove so she had been busy much of the morning. I was tired from getting up early, at 5:15, and the drive so I knew all I had to do was start reading my book and I would fall asleep which I did. By 3:00, we decided to drive to Mayville to get our Covid boosters. It was a good choice for a walk-in because there was only one other person. We were in and out in 15 minutes, then stopped at Tops, next door and did some grocery shopping, getting a couple of bags of apples for applesauce. We then invaded Linda and Ron's house, to say aloha, and talked with them for twenty minutes before heading home. 

We were having healthy dinner, Smith hot dogs and since Evie had made a pot of chili, I suggested having chili dogs. With cheese and lots of chili, I devoured my dogs and was happy. We watched a film called The Outfit, with Mark Rylance playing a tailor who gets involved with the Mafia. It got to be too complicated, and coincidental as the plot unwound. We ended the night with our usuals, Colbert and Jeopardy, also The Weather Channel. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...