Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Morning Pink

6:24

6:24

6:26

6:27

It's refreshingly cool this morning as I sit on the porch and watch the pink sky turn to gray. The weather is beginning to change from the dog days to a hint of fall as the temperatures will be in the low 70s most of the day.  Yippee. It was a bizarre morning on the lake as I was the only one out with the exception of my neighbor out skiing.  And when I headed back, the wind picked up, it cooled off as a layer of mist covered the lake.  

Kayak Morning

Threatening Northern Sky

Heron Admiring Joyce's Garden

The heat, however, continued much of yesterday draining much of our mojo.  The day began for me with getting up early, kayaking for an hour, and coming home to the guys from Serpro.  They have decided we will have to have much of our kitchen floor torn out, the subfloor dried and then we can find a guy to install new flooring, hopefully finding the maple flooring that matches.  We have called an installer who has been recommended.  In fact, he probably installed our floor 26 years ago but he has yet to return our call.  We fear we may be without a new floor for weeks if not months because of delays in finding someone who can do the work.  Around 10:00 Evie went out to do some weeding and deadheading in her garden and I drove to Lakewood for a bike ride.  I rode for close to an hour through neighborhoods, to Burtis Bay, Celeron, and to Jamestown before turning back.  

Gathering Weeds At Burtis Bay

After my ride, I did a quick run-through of Aldi's, picking up a few essentials, and was home by 12:30. For lunch, Evie made me a goose liver sandwich with tomatoes, lettuce, and mayo and I finished the first season of Proof.  Fortunately, there is a second season so I will have something to watch for the next week.

The rest of the afternoon we both spent relaxing, napping, or reading, both on the porch or dock. The temperature was in the low 80s but it was pleasant enough either on the porch or out on the dock.  I joined Evie on the dock around 3:30 and we stayed out until 5:00 when it was time to get dinner ready.  While Evie prepped, I had a beer with my next-door neighbor Bill until it was time to grill the pork steaks. They took about five minutes to grill and along with roasted cauliflower, baked potatoes, and a salad, we had a fine dinner.  We watched an older film, The Lincoln Lawyer, based on a Michael Connelly novel and it was a good way to wile away the evening.  We ended the night with a Real-Time With Bill Maher which we had missed from early August. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...