Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Fog, Humidity and Heat

7:10

Well, it's 7:00 and I woke to our kitchen floor flooded with water.  I quickly sopped it up, then went under the house to turn off the ice maker valve and found pipes were dripping, the floor puddling up.  So I turned off the ice maker and the water to the house and will call the plumber at 8:00.  A nice way to wake up, right. By the way, the fog is so heavy I cannot see Long Point once again.  It's 8:54 and the good news is the plumber has been here, will be back to fix the problem with the ice maker hose, the source of the water leaks, and I also got in a half-hour of kayaking.  All's well that ends well!

Kayak Morning



Monday was another day with temperatures in the 80s but we were able to get things done and when we got too warm, we jumped in the lake, a body refresher.  I had a long paddle to Long Point and then we finished the blog and planned our day.  Evie wanted to get things done in the garden and I had a few things I wanted to get done as well.  So about 10:00, Evie set up the garden hose from the lake and gave the garden and trees a good watering.  I got out the hedge trimmers and gave the privets a trim.  Once I was done, I drove over to Greenhurst because Evie wanted more peaches for crisps and pies.  How could I say no.  I also filled up my car and a couple of five gallons cans for the boat and was home by noon.  Evie had finished watering by then and made me a quesadilla for lunch, with avocadoes, yum.  

I watched my neverending series, tried to nap, read some then decided I would get out shopping done.  Evie had a list made up for me so I was off to Wegmans around 2:00 and for once, found everything she needed and found a quick line even though it was fairly crowded for a Monday.  I was surprised that more shoppers were not wearing masks because the numbers of Covid cases are rising precipitously. When I returned, I hit the couch, read, a napped briefly.  Evie had spent much of the day in the garden so she went for a swim and I worked some on the brick path.  

Wine Time At The Noble Vinyard

Our neighbors, Bud and Debi had called earlier to see if we wanted to go to the Noble Winery around 4:00.  It seemed like a good idea so we off to Westfield, with Barb, another neighbor.  The winery is set up on a hill, overlooking Lake Eri, filled with vineyards, with the blue lake in the distance. The view is spectacular and we were able to enjoy our wine in the shade, cooled by a nice breeze off the lake. Bud and Debi had just returned from hiking the trails around Mt. Rainier so we had fun listening to their adventures. What a great way to spend the afternoon, with friends and a lovely view.  We stayed until 6:00 and closed up the place and were home by 6:30.  

View From The Terrace

Evie had dinner prepped so we were able to have our salmon, rice, and garlic spinach by 6:45.  And best of all, after trying another film, we found a series we like on PBS called Atlantic Crossing.  It's set during WW II in Norway, as the Nazis are invading and the royal family has to flee and I assume, FDR comes to their rescue. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...