Saturday, August 7, 2021

Saturday, Saturday


Seriously?

While Booze Cruising Yesterday Afternoon

It's a bit hazy this morning, the sun attempting to break through the clouds on a 64º morning.  I paddled for close to an hour and a half, to Tom's Point, then along to Stow, across the lake to Lakeside drive and what we call the Drumpf House, then across to Long Point and home.  Lots of birds to photoshoot so it was a good morning on the lake.

Kayak Morning


Bald Eagle At Tom's Point



Cormorant

Raft Of Chicks

Friday was a busy morning as we reversed traditional roles. So after kayaking, writing the blog, and breakfast, Evie made up a grocery list on her Wegman's app and sent me off to shop while she raked weeds in our lakefront.  I stopped at Walmart first to pick up a few items I could not get at Wegman's.  Both were busy and locals are beginning to wear masks in both stores although they are not required. Once again, I picked the wrong check-out line as the lady in front never weighed any of her vegetables and fruit, making it time-consuming for the check-out gal. Just another small annoyance.

Treasure Chest

I was home just as Evie was finishing up and ready for a swim.  I heated up the rest of the corn chowder and made a salami sandwich for lunch after putting away all the groceries.  I think for once I remembered to buy everything on the list, a first. We both took it easy the rest of the afternoon.  I took a good nap because I was up so early and Evie read in the side yard until neighbors brought their children over to the Treasure Chest.  It was their first time so it was fun watching them pull everything out and try to decide what they wanted. 

What To Pick?

Afterward, we then decided it was a good time to go for a cruise so I took the cover off the boat while Evie got the drinks.  We boated beyond the bridge, then took our time returning home, occasionally having to stop and reverse the engine to get rid of the annoying weeds.  It was a joy to be out on the lake once again, seemingly just us and the sky.  We loved it. 

Cruising

For dinner, Evie seared then roasted a pork tenderloin, made a sauce, and we had a fine dinner, with roasted cauliflower and a salad.  We watched quite a bit of the Olympics and really enjoyed watching the American win a bronze in the marathon, a 27-year-old from Wisconsin. She had run only two marathons before the Olympics.   We ended the night with the first episode of a new Israelis series on Netflix called Hit and Run.  I like it because Doron, from the Fauda series on Netflix, one of my favorites, plays the main character. 

Reading In The Side Yard



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...