Friday, August 6, 2021

A Bright, Sunny Morning



The Garden

6:35

It's just after 8:00 and the sun is filling our living room with light, its reflection on the lake blinding.  I paddled for forty-five minutes on a coolish 56º morning although it will get up to the '80s later in the afternoon. We have no plans for today other than enjoying the day, perhaps get a few things done inside or out depending on our mood.

Kayak Morning

A Handsome Osprey

Thursday morning was pleasant but by the afternoon, it was either too hot or too windy, depending on where you were, the dock, the yard, or in the shade of a tree. The day started well, however, with kayaking and breakfast, then a good Yin Yoga class with Danielle.  For the first time since Spring, I noticed some of the women were wearing masks, probably because being vaccinated is not a requirement of the class.  Maybe it should be now that the Delta virus is affecting even those who are vaccinated.  After class, I stopped at Sav A Lot for a few things for dinner.  For some reason, I wanted to get a few things done before lunch even though it was beginning to warm up.  So while Evie did some cutting of weeds in the lake, I trimmed our privets then washed our front windows. Looking at them now, with the sun's reflection,  I can see spots that I missed.  Frustrating because I triple washed them.  

Lunch was the leftover pizza from Wednesday night's dinner.  I just plopped the slices in a frying pan for five minutes to heat them up and they were delicious.  I watched TV but soon got bored with the Olympics so I switched to Bosch on Prime Video. Afterward, it was nap time as I fell asleep reading the third Laidlaw novel, Strange Loyalties.  The rest of the afternoon we both spent on the dock, in the yard, or on the porch, depending on the sun and wind.  Around 5:00, we ended up in our side yard, enjoying a glass of wine before it was time for Evie to make dinner.  

We were having scallops in a lemon and wine sauce, so Evie got busy making it and boiling the noodles and by 6:45, we had saucy scallops over fettuccine with a salad.  We were happy to be enjoying the scallops and eating at home.  We ended up watching a couple of Jeopardy's, then the Olympics, the diving, skateboarding, and a few of the track running events.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...