Wednesday, August 4, 2021

A Great Blue Heron Morning

6:22

6:22

6:26

6:26

8:43

It's 8:50, Evie's up and I just returned from an hour plus on the lake, over to Tom's Point and back. It's a lovely morning, sunny, blues skies and a 54º when I started but now it's 64º. 

Kayak Morning

Tom's Point

Great Blue

A Pair Of Herons

Wood Duck

Yesterday was a blah day for me as I had little if any mojo during the day.  I did paddle, reluctantly and thought that maybe yoga would perk me up but it didn't.  All I wanted to do was get home and couch it and read, maybe nap.  After yoga, I did stop at Walmart for a couple of things I probably don't need but did pick up a cord for an external hard drive which had lots of my documents on teaching on it which I want to share with my daughter Beth who will begin teaching in Dallas on Thursday.

When I returned Evie, Evie, the good wife, had made a pot of corn chowder, knowing I was feeling the blues.  It perked me up a bit and I enjoyed a bowl along with a salami sandwich and an episode of Bosch because I could not find anything I wanted to watch on the Olympics. The rest of the afternoon was lost as far as getting something done as we both just relaxed, enjoyed a free afternoon, Evie on the dock, me on the couch reading and napping.

Friends For Fifty Years

We met friends from Ohio at my buddy Stan's house for appetizers and wine at 4:00, then drove to the Rod and Gun for dinner.  There were eight of us, three of us friends from teaching in Painesville back in 1966.  We get together a couple of times a year which is always fun.  We have both coaching and playing basketball in common. It was fun listening to stories about life in The Villages in Florida as two of the couples live there, one for just a year, the other for many years. They made it sound good.  We left the Rod and Gun around 8:00, came home, and watched some volleyball on TV and other Olympic sports before going up to bed. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...