Thursday, August 12, 2021

Sun Rises But Rain Falls

6:07

6:57

It's 6:50 as I start this and I woke to a gray threatening morning but at the moment, the sun is out and I see some blue clouds among the gray. The weather apps say rain in a half-hour but they have been wrong as much as right. This time, however, they were partially correct as it started to drizzle on and off five minutes after I started to kayak, keeping my paddle short. It's 9:15 as I finish the blog, having just returned from breakfast in the rain. 

Kayak Morning

Northern Sky

An Osprey Morning

Yesterday was miserably warm, so much so that my energizer bunny, Evie, just sat around the house reading most of the day.  I had a busy morning, however, getting in a good paddle before it got too hot. I also wanted to get in a bike ride so around 10:30, I drove to Linda and Ron's, parked my car and rode my bike for a half-hour, along Sea Lion Drive to the Olde Corner Deli in Hartfield  I picked up a sandwich and rode back to my car.  It was not a hot as I thought it would be, with a wind keeping me cool along with the shade of the trees.  It's nice to have a destination, the Deli, and as a result, maybe not a beer but a sandwich will do just fine.

I was home by 12:30 and enjoyed my sandwich and watched my show before showering  because I had an appointment for a body scan with my dermatologist at 2:00. It was in the mid 80's but the AC in our car was a lifesaver.  My appointment went well, no need for any biopsies as she just froze a couple of areas. While I was in Lakewood, it's hard not to stop at Wegman's and Evie had made me up a short list.  Fortunately, it was not too busy so I was in and out quickly, home by 3:15. Evie was reading on the couch so I read some on the other couch and fell asleep briefly because I had missed my nap.  We both felt the change in weather around 4:30, a breeze suddenly appeared, so we went out on our dock and read and enjoyed the late afternoon.

Dinner was the leftover cod and squash and potato torte, perfect for such a warm evening,  With a salad, we were both content and spent the rest of the evening in our TV room, with the AC on, watching Colbert, Jeopardy and we started a new series on Hulu called The Way Up,  comedy of sorts about a young woman recovering from a bout of depression.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...