Friday, August 20, 2021

Fog Rising

6:10

6:58

It's 7:00 and the fog is just beginning to lift.  I have been up for an hour, on my computer, of course, reading about Afghanistan, all the mistakes we made.  It's hard to argue with them. Both parties, all four Presidents share the blame for our noble but fruitless attempt to create a democratic Afghanistan. And so it goes. It's 8:48 and the fog which seemed to have lifted returned as I was out paddling for an hour and I came home soaked from the mist.  

Kayak Morning

A Heavy Mist

Woodlawn Heron


Long Point Heron


It was, however, a good morning for birding, with a couple of photos of herons.  And I also was able to get a cormorant, on a buoy, with a fish in his mouth,  and after having gulped it down.  Amazing.

Cormorant


With A Fish

Quite A Mouth Full

Yesterday was another muggy day, with occasional drizzle that never really cooled off the yard.  I had a busy morning with quick kayaking, breakfast, and then Yin Yoga with Danielle.  More women are wearing masks in class which is good to see. After class, I did a quick run-through of Walmart, looking for a couple of folding outdoor chairs but they were either cheap and frail or expensive and heavy so I bought neither and we will stick with what we already have beach chairs.  When I got home, Evie was on the front porch couch, suffering from the humidity, wanting to do something but lacked the energy.

For lunch, I made myself a chicken sandwich, with Buffalo chicken, and a bowl of ramen.  I watched my show, Captiani, then started a new book, called The Liar's Girl, another serial killer book.  I napped, of course, watched some TV and Evie read as she is fast into a Carol Shields book. I thought we ought to get out of the house, maybe go out to dinner, and suggested we try our favorite restaurant, Forte, which just opened last week after a year-plus hiatus.  Evie liked the idea of an air-conditioned car and restaurant, so we both showered and were off by 5:30.  I dropped Evie off, parked the car and she, fortunately, was able to get the last two seats at the bar. 

An Evening At Forte In Jamestown

It was a busy place, with people constantly arriving, everyone happy to be back at Forte.  We ordered beers and appetizers, two were great, the Korean ribs and Caesar salad, the two sushi rolls were not so great.  We loved being there, at a bar once again, and were happy to see the owner and wait staff were the same.  We lingered until we felt we were taking someone else's seats and left around 7:30, happy with our choice to go out and the fact that Forte was doing well.

When we returned home, we turned on the fans, the air conditioner in the TV room and relaxed, watching Colbert, then started two new series, neither of which we liked, and turned them off after 15 minutes, alas. It was already late by the time we left the second series so we went up to bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...