Saturday, August 28, 2021

Hot And Humid

7:05

It's late as I start this, 9:20 because I got up late, just after 7:00, and paddled for over an hour over to Tom's Point and back. The heat hit me on the way back from Tom's Point with a slight wind at my back and paddling seemed like I was moving through mud.  I was happy to get home.

Kayak Morning

Yesterday was another bizarre day as we continue to have a wind tunnel blowing in our house. The supervisor for Servepro was here and put in more fans and wants us to leave them until Monday when he will then determine whether we need new kitchen flooring or not.  So we will be living outside, either on the dock or porch for the next two dog days of summer, with high humidity and temperatures. Around 10:00 yesterday, I got sick of doing nothing so I tied my bike onto my car and drove over to Bemus where I rode through the park and along Lakeside Drive.  

Long Point

There was a decent breeze so it was not as warm as I expected and I enjoyed the ride.  When I got home, Evie was finished with working in the garden and it was getting too warm to be outside.  I had a lunch of leftover Cincinnati chili, watched a terrible show on Korean ramen, then went upstairs, turned on the air conditioner, and read and napped.

Storm A Coming

The rest afternoon it was too warm in the house, bearable on the porch and comfortable out on the dock because of the wind and shade of the umbrella. Late afternoon it looked threatening so we went in on the porch and then because heavy rain was predicted, I raced out on the dock and put the cover on my boat in record time.  Of course, it rained for maybe ten minutes and that was it for the heavy thunderstorm warning.

Earlier in the day, when we thought the machinery from Servepro was going to be taken away, we laughing joked that we would make it a Manhattan night if the fans and stuff were staying, thinking no way.  Well, by 5:30, we were settled on our front porch with a couple of mannies and a bowl of popcorn, away from the noise, on a crystal clear late afternoon and early evening.  It was if the light rain had washed everything and all was clean and clear.  Dinner was the Slovenian sausages that my sister had thoughtfully brought us and we watched the last two episodes of Atlantic Crossing. We both ended up liking it more than new thought we would, especially the last two episodes.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...