Saturday, August 14, 2021

Cooling And In The 70s

6:53

7:10

It's a pleasant 65º morning and I sat out on the porch until the sun, rising above the clouds, forced me into the living room and on the couch. I slept in for me, to 7:00 so I did not get out on the water until 8:00 and it's now 9:16 as I start the blog.  Evie is already out in her garden, deadheading and propping up some of the taller dahlias. We received 3/8ths of an inch of rain overnight, perfect for her garden.  And as you can see, it was a good morning for birding.

Kayaking Toward Bemus Hills

Sandpiper

Great Blue Heron Among The Canadian Geese





Bald Eagle Feasting


Yesterday turned out to be a relaxing day, pleasant enough for Evie to sit out on the dock and read most of the afternoon. I kayaked and wrote the blog but when I woke up and grabbed my glasses, the lens fell out in my hand, so I had to drove to Spectrum Eyecare and waited for over a half-hour to get my lens back in the frame because it was missing a small screw.  Not the way I wanted to spend my morning but really, I had nothing else I had to do. When I returned, I thought to myself I bet Evie is mowing the lawn and voila, there she was, almost done. It was hot enough for her to work up quite a sweat but once she was done, she cooled off with a dip in the lake then came in and made me avocado toasts for lunch with fried eggs. What a woman!

I watched another episode of Hit and Run and have one more episode to go. And I am almost finished with The Cellist by David Silva.  His formula is getting a bit tired and I am happy to almost be done.  I fell asleep while reading of course and woke to be disgusted with myself for not doing anything for the day. So I strapped my bike onto my car, drove to Ron and Linda's, then biked to Mayville, down and back Webb's Trail, then followed the Mayville asphalt trail to its end and back to Linda and Ron's.  

Webbs Trail (Part of Rails To Trails)

7:30 PM As Rain Is Approaching

I was home by 4:00, grabbed a beer, put on my suit, and joined Evie on the dock.  She suggested a boat ride so I took off the cover and we boated over to Bemus Point and back along Lakeside Drive and home on a sunny afternoon.  Because rain was predicted, I put the cover back on the boat and went for a swim to cool off.  Evie stayed on the dock for another forty-five minutes while I sat on the porch and read with a glass of wine. Neither of us was very hungry, so Evie cooked a couple of hot dogs, heated up Bush's baked beans, and we had dinner.  We watched a new film on AppleTV called CODA, a much-acclaimed film from the Sundance Festival.  We found it trite and overdone until the last 15 minutes when it had some emotional reality. It was disappointing. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...