Tuesday, August 10, 2021

86º In The Shade

6:30

6:34

The sun rose around 6:34, filling the sky with light but now a cloud bank has moved in, turning the sky and lake gray on a 72º morning.  Today should be cooler than yesterday with highs in the high 70s with rain expected later in the day.  I got in a nice paddle before heading to yoga and was out for 50 minutes on a cloudy morning, with a light drizzle just as I returned. 

Kayak Morning

Into The Sun

Fishing

Gulping

Osprey

Yesterday was an unbearably warm day, too hot to enjoy sitting on the dock.  Rather we turned on the AC, closed windows, turned on the fans, and spent much of the day inside although I didn't.  First, I kayaked for a good hour before it became too hot.  Then, after breakfast and the blog, I wanted to get in a bike ride before it got too hot, so I left for Bemus around 10:00 and rode for over an hour, down to Long Point State Park, though the park to tip and back through Bemus.  

Biking In The Woods Of Long Point

Bemus Point Zinnia Garden

It was fine in the woods, bearable on Lakeside Drive. When I returned I did some trimming of our red twigs for Evie which were becoming unruly because of the rain; they have wet feet. I had worked up quite a sweat so I went for a nice cooling swim.

For lunch, I had leftovers, the last of the corn chowder and corn fritters from Sunday night. With the AC on, I watched the last episode of Bosch and enjoyed my lunch.  I then started a new David Silva novel The Cellist and fell asleep in our bedroom with the AC on. For some reason, around 3:00, after my nap, I was bored with reading decided the best place to cool off was in the lake so I spent a good hour raking weeds in the lake, then going for a swim. 

BABAHAHA

We were going to the Viking Club for Cubans and Reubens and decided to take the boat.  We left around 5:15 to ensure we were able to find a spot to dock our boat.  It was warm on the lake but not as warm as the Viking Club.  They have no AC inside and the outside tables were often in the sun.  We decided to sit inside where it seemed cooler.  We had a couple of beers to go with our sandwiches and put up with the heat although I could not wait to get back on the lake.  It was not as busy as usual and we hardly knew anyone other than an acquaintance of Evie's   After dinner, we had a delightful cruise on the lake, over to the CI and home, taking our time, enjoying the coolness of the ride on the lake, the sun beginning to set over the western shoreline.  After we docked the boat, I put on my bathing suit, came back out and put the cover on the boat, and went for a swim to cool off.  

Cruising At Dusk

We ended the night with Jeopardy and another episode of Hit and Run on Netflix, the end to the warmest day of the year so far. We are thankful that we are not Greece or Turkey or the Far West which are fighting heat-related wildfires, forcing many to flee their homes.

Phlox

Hawaiian Dahlia

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...