Sunday, August 8, 2021

I Can't Believe It's August

6:05

8:44

Another sunny morning at the lake and I am not complaining.  It's 8:50 and beginning to warm up, especially as I returned from my paddle. It looks like temperatures will be in the '80s for the rest of the week. I was out for an hour, sighting numerous herons,  on a surprisingly calm lake despite the fishing tournament.

Kayak  Morning




Yesterday was a busy morning, a nice, relaxing afternoon.  As usual, the main event was the gathering of the trash and taking it to the Transfer Station. Instead of the 20 bags from a few weeks ago, we only had two.  After dropping the trash off, I drove over to Peterson's Farm and picked up peaches and corn for our dinners the next few days.  I also filled up the car, two five gallons cans for the boat, and two gallons for Evie's lawnmower, seventy-five bucks worth at 3.29 a gallon. As Drumper's would say, "Thanks, Joe Biden."

When I returned home, I siphoned ten gallons of gas into my boat, easy and quick for once. And finally, I gathered the dry weeds from the dock and put them in a garbage can to be taken up the hill later in the week. And that was it for me for the day.  You can guess what Evie did, right, mowed the lawn in stages so that it looks amazing along with her dazzling dahlia garden. Neither of us ever gets tired of looking at the garden.  After filling the boat and a swim, Evie had heated up the leftover pork and made cauliflower rice so I had a tasty and filling lunch, pork medallions, sauce, and cauliflower rice.  I watched some Olympics and my series before relaxing on the couch with a good book and a nap. Evie was on the dock while I napped and I joined her mid-afternoon.  Just as we decided it might be a good time for a boat ride, threatening clouds moved in and I quickly put the cover on the boat, finishing just as it started to rain then pour.  We sat on the front porch, watching the rain pelt the lake, wishing we were out on the boat.

Around 6:00 and because it was a Saturday night at home, we treated ourselves to Manhattans and pretzels and dip.  The rain had let up and the sky had cleared so it was pleasant although muggy on the porch even with the fan on.  We had burgers for dinner, along with corn on the cob, and watched the Olympic marathon and then another episode of Hit and Run.  We missed the women's volleyball semifinals when they swept Serbia and just read this morning that they won the gold for the first time by sweeping Brazil.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...