Thursday, August 19, 2021

Feels Like Living In The Tropics

6:21

It's 6:30 as I begin this and I woke to drizzle, perhaps the last rain of the day and a threatening dark blue sky. It's 68º and the lake's surface is wrinkled although there's hardly a wind. It's 7:40 and I paddled in choppy seas for forty minutes and was drizzled on for about five minutes.  Despite the waves, I was able to get good photos of a couple of herons and an eagle, sitting in a tree in our front yard.

Kayak Morning

Paddling Into The Chop, The Sun

An Old Guy

Bald Eagle

Hanging In Woodlawn

Yesterday was a rainy day, again, so we were not able to do much outside other than look at our beautiful garden through the window. Because of the rain, I  did not get out to kayak until maybe 10:00 and even then, I paddled in the rain and came home soaked even though I wore a rain jacket and pants. One of the reasons I did kayak is because I have my old Pungo kayak back from the shop.  I was surprised by how unstable it was compared to the Old Town, which is longer and heavier.  

When I came back, Evie had the bright idea of going off to a furniture store to look for a recliner for our TV room.  Our couch and loveseat have both seen their days so we are looking for something new.  We went to the much advertised Raymor and Flanagan, next to Wegman's, and spent a good hour sampling the chairs, couches, and loveseats.  All of them recline and are electric.  We found some we like but our problem is the TV room is small, 12X12 so that we don't want it to look like a furniture store and we are not sure what will fit comfortably two chairs and a couch or just one chair and a couch or just two chairs.  So we left with lots of questions and measurements and will continue to look at a couple of more furniture stores before we make up our minds. So we went looking for a recliner and now are probably going to get a couch as well perhaps two chairs. 

We drove home in the rain and Evie made me lunch, two cheese sandwiches topped with jelly and I watched my show.  Our afternoon then was filled with leisure as like the previous couple of rainy days, we either say on the porch, on the couch in the house or watching TV.  Evie did get some laundry done while she read and changed the sheets on our bed. Love clean sheets.  We then sat on the porch during happy hour as the sky cleared somewhat and we had a drink and a bowl of popcorn to satisfy our hunger. Dinner was great, the leftover steak, heated, along with fried potatoes and eggs, a breakfast of sorts I guess.  We watched some of the news, then Colbert, and a couple of more episodes of This Way Up but we are getting fed up with Season Two. We were ready for bed earlier than usual. 

“The things you own end up owning you.” — Chuck Palahniuk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...