Friday, August 13, 2021

A Brief Sunrise

Our Granddaughters, Marisa And Hayden, Back In The Day

Happy 20th Birthday Hayden, Happy 18th Birthday Marisa

7:31

It' 8:52 and both Evie and I are sitting in the living room, commenting on how warm it is already.  It may get up to 80º today but not the mid-80s like the past few days and tomorrow it is supposed to cool off. I paddled for just about an hour, was able to photograph both a heron and ospret so it was a good morning paddle.

Kayak Morning

Paddling Along Long Point

Got An Itch? 

Stretching And Cooling

Osprey At Attention

Yesterday was another warm one but it did not stop us from enjoying it and staying busy. For me, it was typical with kayaking, breakfast, blog, and then a good yoga class.  I was one of four who wore masks and when I asked our leader, Danielle, if she would ever consider a vaccination mandate she said no, that it's up to us to decide whether to take the class. I guess I was not surprised but it's still worrisome and I will continue to wear a mask. I stopped at Sav A Lot on the way home because Evie was making a new chicken recipe, Peruvian chicken, and needed jalapenos for a sauce.

Peruvian Chicken, Spatchcoked, Roasted And Ready To Eat

By the time I returned, Evie had the chicken spatchcocked and it was marinating in Aji Amarillo paste in the fridge along with lime, cumin, and oregano.  And she had started a veggie dish with farro as its main grain. and in her spare time, she made a peach and blueberry crisp   I made a bowl of spicy ramen to go along with the rest of my pastrami sandwich from the Hartville Deli.  I watched an episode of my show, Hit and Run, and am slowly beginning to figure out what's going on after eight episodes.  Once again, because it was so warm, I turned the AC on in our bedroom, read my Gabriel Allon thriller, and took a nap.

Neighbors And Good Friends, Ken And Marjorie

We were able to relax most of the afternoon but because we having our neighbors over for dinner. Evie showered at 5:00 and I jumped in the lake to cool off. Ken and Majorie arrived at 6:00 and we sat on the front porch drinking Palomas (squirt and tequila) on the rocks and enjoyed bruschetta.  It had cooled off some by then so with the ceiling fan on, it was pleasant.  Evie served up the Peruvian chicken and farrow and it was delicious, especially with the special sauce, cilantro and jalapeno sauce, with garlic, lime, and mayo. The chicken was moist and tasty, the sauce added some heat and flavor so it was definitely a dinner we will make again. We had our dessert, the crisp with ice cream, on the porch and reminiscences, what else do you do when you both have been married for over 50 years about our courting days, listening to Johnny Mathis.  It was a fun evening and we finished up the kitchen after they left and were able to watch some TV before bed.

Raindrops on Dahlias And Whiskers On Kittens


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...