Monday, August 23, 2021

A Heavy Morning Dew

7:07

It's 7:00 and the lawn is heavy with dew, the boat covered soaked, and the humidity is New Orleans style. I am listening to a Bill Simmons podcast on a surprisingly quiet morning, hardly a boat, just a few seagulls flapping their wings and screaming. It's overcast with a light fog off in the distance, Long Point a misty view. It's 9:00, muggy,  as I finish the blog.  I kayaked over to Tom's Point and back and it was a cormorant morning as numerous cormorants seemed to have settled along the shoreline, near the Power Boat Club.

Kayak Morning

Out On A Limb

A Solitary Heron

Gang Of Four

Docking It

Sunday continued the Chautauqua heatwave, with temperatures again in the 80s, the humidity(81%) making it even more uncomfortable.  Kayaking early was bizarre as the fog was so heavy I would have lost my way if I had not hugged the shoreline. Because of the heat, we wasted most of the morning although Evie was out in the garden, occasionally weeding or deadheading her flowers.  My job was the weed the brick walk, something I have to do three or four times a year.  I waited, however, until after lunch when the majority of the walk was in the shade.  So breakfast, at noon, was avocado toast which got me going because I actually fell asleep around 10:30 while reading on the couch.  

I watched my show, tried to nap, then finally joined Evie outside and worked on the brick walk for an hour. I will finish the last third today. The rest of the afternoon Evie read on the dock where the breeze made it comfortable.  I read in the house, cooler than on the front porch, then joined her on the dock until it was time for Manhattan, to properly celebrate our anniversary.  

Happy Hour At 7:00

Evie's Manhattan In A Heron Mug

By 6:00, it had cooled off some so we were able to sit on our front porch as the lake quieted down, boats headed home.  For dinner, we had a rotisserie chicken and Evie made me mashed potatoes, easy and good, with a salad of course. We watched the usual, channel surfing quite a bit trying to find something we liked.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...