Saturday, October 31, 2020

Three More Days

7:07

7:27

7:53

It's 8:45 and we are listening to NPR interview the actors from Netflix's new series, "The Queen's Gambit" which we liked and finished last evening.  We loved the last episode even if it was predictable.  I paddled for forty-five minutes, the first really cold paddle of the fall, a chilly 32º.  Fortunately, the wind had died, the lake was smooth, making for an easy paddle.

Kayak Morning

Duck Blind Along Victoria

Yesterday was wet and gray, no surprise as it has been that way for the past couple of days.  It was so bleak early that I decided to skip kayaking, something I rarely do.  The morning seems much longer when I don't get out there on the lake so I filled in the void with a yoga practice in our living room, listening to Pure Yoga on my headphones.  Once I finished up, we both wanted to get in a walk so we drove off to the Chautauqua Institution, thinking it would not be muddy like the woods.  Fall has waned, as most of the trees have lost their leaves covering the walks.  We walked for close to an hour and it was a good choice, as there is always something to look at, something we have not noticed on our previous walks.  For the first time in months, we did not need a pass to enter the grounds, as things are settling down.  

Wearing My Deer Season Hat

Brick Walk

I was looking forward to lunch because Evie had hard-boiled some eggs earlier in the morning,  She made me three small egg salad sandwiches and I was happy, watching my show and looking forward to an afternoon of reading and perhaps a nap.  I did read and nap and when I woke Evie had taken off to return some things to TJ Maxx and, no doubt, bring home some new clothes.  This time, however, she bought me some gloves which I wanted as well as a cool sweatshirt for her.  

Floating Dock Moving South

We relaxed the rest of the afternoon, listening to the news, having a glass of wine until 6:00 when I drove over to Bemus Point to pick up two fish fries from the Seezurh House, hoping they would be just as good even if they were not straight out of the fryer.  Evie put them briefly in a 400º oven when I returned and we really enjoyed them and will do it again.  


We watched another Colbert, a fun interview with Julie Andrews, energetic and charming.  We then watched the last episode of The Queen's Gambit, sad to see the series end  We finished the night with The Great English Baking Show and Hometown, both antidotes to the 'never-ending polls and maps' on all channels.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...