Wednesday, October 21, 2020

A 70º Sunrise

With Jill At Dusk

7:04

7:06


8:29

Morning Paddle Surfing

Well, it's 6:25 and Drew has just returned from taking the dogs out.  I was surprised to see how warm it was when I got up, a balmy 70º and now I am listening to Morning Joe until I decided to go out for a morning walk and watch the sunrise on what seems to be an overcast morning.  It's 7:00 as I finish writing the blog and Drew and I are sitting outside on the porch, the sound of the ocean drowning out Morning Joe on my headphones! I finished a forty-minute walk at 8:30, the sky overcast, a few people dot the beach, looking for shells.  High Time: 11:53, Low Tide: 6:11.






Tuesday was another warm one, especially at high tide when we had little breeze.  The days are beginning to have a routine, up early for coffee and a walk on the beach at sunrise. Usually, Drew and his Mom are up when I return, then the other three appear one at a time. High tide was at 11:40, making it difficult to enjoy the beach so Drew and family drove to Surf City to do some exploring and picked up shrimp and tuna for our dinner.  Once the tide began to ebb, Evie and I went down to the beach, set up our chairs and immediately, I began to sweat.  There was a solution, however, to jump in the ocean and body surf.  I stayed down until 1:00, body surfing whenever I got to warm.  

I went up for lunch but Evie stayed down and the breeze picked up and it was pleasant to sit in the sun, letting the water cool her feet. Jill and her family were back with goodies, more beer, ice, wine and of course shrimp and tuna.  I  took a shower, washing off the salt, then came upstairs and warmed the leftover red snapper in a frying pan and Jill and I made fish sandwiches, with mayo and sriracha sauce. Better than Long John Silvers! I then went downstairs to read and nap while the gang went down to the beach for the afternoon.  I finally have found a book I like,  Maggie O'Farrell's This Must Be The Place.






High Tide

I joined the family around 2:30, to read, enjoy a beer and go for an occasional walk whenever I got bored with sitting.  Halle and Drew went for a brief swim to cool off.  The dogs seemed to enjoy the beach, loving it when we would take them for a walk.  Evie went up early to shower and get ready for a Zoom call with her sisters, the rest followed around 4:00.  Jill made up a poki, an amazing appetizer of small pieces of tuna. green onions, and avocado, marinated in soy, wasabi, and sesame oil. Once it was made, she left it in the refrigerator for an appetizer.

Loving Coco And Daisy

Better Together

No Granny!

Drew And His Mom

Dusk

Once Evie was done with her Zoom call, we went back down to the beach with the dogs for a walk as the sunset. It's the best time of the day.  A hundred yeards down the beach, six guys set up a volleyball court each night and play three on threes,  What a great place and time to get some fun and exercise,  We let the dogs loose to run the beach and stayed down for a half-hour.

Beach Volleyball

Peel And Eat Shrimp Night

While we devoured the Poke, Jill boiled the three pounds of shrimp in beer and Old Bay Seasonings.  We then sat around the table, drinking beer and eating the peel and eat shrimp.  What a great beach dinner,  and we even had some shrimp left for an appetizer tonight.  We made the mistake of watching a terrible movie, White Chicks, from 2004.  It was stupid but hilarious at times, the best part watching Jill laugh hysterically at some of the scenes.  It ended around 10:00 so Drew took the dogs out and the rest of us went to bed.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...