Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Gray Days

Still Spectacular/Last Four Dahlias

7:29

7:30

 It's 7:15 and I am regretfully listening to Morning Joe go over the same thing day after day, the polls that suggest Joe or Dump will win a particular state.  Seven more days and what will they talk about?  And how can I survive the waiting for Tuesday night? Doris Kearns Goodwin is speaking now, what a relief to hear a different perspective, one based on history.  I just walked out to get the paper at 7:30, and it's raining so I may have to delay my paddle. Well, I got a paddle in, north to Magnolia and back. 

Fall Filtered Photo 


Kayak Morning

Another McMansion In Magnolia

Yesterday was another gray day, with drizzle on and off although it did not stop us from getting outside.  After a good paddle, breakfast, and the blog, we got a few things done in the house and then decided to get in a walk.  We decided on Long Point despite the fact it might be muddy.  We drove over to the end of Lakeside Drive, parked, and walked for almost an hour on paths covered with leaves, as the trees are beginning to show their bones. 





The paths were fine and we only ran into another hiker when we walked out to the end of Long Point.  It was good to be in the woods again, such a contrast to our walks on the beach last week.  

Love It... On #394 Near Our House

We were back by 12:30, time for lunch.  I warmed up the leftover pork barbecue and made a couple of sandwiches topped with coleslaw and watched my show, back in the noontime saddle again.  I was anxious to get back to my book, The Gift Of Rain but quickly fell asleep as I obviously need some rest.  Once I woke, I got back to my book, watched some TV with Evie then around 5:00, when Evie started her Zoom call with her sisters, I went out in a light drizzle and mowed our neighbors' yard for some exercise and because the leaves were so thick. Of course, this morning it looks like it was never cut as does our yard after mowing it on Sunday afternoon.  Another week and we won't have to worry as the trees are on their last gasp of autumn.  

Late Tuesday Afternnoon

For dinner, we ordered take-out from Steener's Pub.  We order the Delmonico steak special with fries and it has become our go-to on many Tuesdays.  I was surprised at how busy it was when I picked up my order, the bar filled, the restaurant at least half full, almost normal, as if the virus had disappeared. I guess most around her at not that worried about it.  Our steaks and fries were good, the reason we order it quite often.  We got back in the groove by watching Colbert and particularly enjoyed his interviews, with Sasha Baron Cohen and Jeff Tweety, from the group Wilco.  We then watched two episodes of The Queen's Gambit and one more episode of The Great British Baking Show, always a good way to end the night.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...