Friday, October 16, 2020

On The Road Again ( Finally)


Great Memories: Topsail, July, 2015



8:03

It's a wet morning, a perfect day to leave the lake and head to the sunny beaches of Topsail, NC.  We will stop at our daughter Jill's Friday night in Virginia and drive to the beach on Saturday. I thought of kayaking but had enough to do so I skipped it.  

A Morning Visitor

Yesterday was busy as the day before the trip always tends to be.  I got in a final paddle on a beautiful morning, making it hard to leave the lake.  Fortunately, as I mentioned above, the sunny weather seems to have disappeared.  We spent a good hour getting things organized and I even made up a to-do list as well as a list of what to bring on a road trip.  Let's hope it's thorough.  Around 10:30, the leaves were falling, covering our lawn so we fired up both lawnmowers and in forty-five minutes, we had both lawns cut, leaves mulched, ready for more to fall.  We were done by noon and Evie had made up some broccoli soup and a lavash wrap for lunch.  I watched another episode of my series, hoping I remember what's going on when we return in ten days, I doubt it.

Thursday's Noon Sky

After lunch, I napped, then we continued our packing, cleaning, vacuuming, making sure the house will be in order when we return.  There is something special about returning to the lake and a clean organized house.  Evie was excited because she's getting the new iPhone 12 Pro.  She spent a good amount of time talking with our daughter Beth, then our son Tom who will be ordering the phone for her.  He's getting one as well.  I am happy with my iPhone XR.  

Late Afternoon Fishing In The Rain

We were done with everything but putting our things in the car so we relaxed with a glass of wine, listening to CNN's breaking news.  Evie had no worry about dinner because we were having the vegetable curry and rice from Wednesday night. We watched both town halls although watching Trump self destruct was the most entertaining. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...