Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Sunny, Blue Skies And Cool

Dinner With Good Friends

7:26

9:07

It's later than usual as I start, 9:10, after a 55-minute paddle to Booty Bay and home.  I shot a couple of herons with my camera, and once again, it was a quiet lake. I can hardly look out our front window because the sun's reflection on the lake is so bright. 

Kayak Morning



We were having our neighbors over for dinner yesterday because both will be heading home this weekend until next summer.  So a good part of the day, at least for Evie, was prepping for dinner.  I chipped in by going to Wegman's to pick up a few things we needed for dessert and was gone for an hour until 11:30.  Evie was happy getting things ready and I was tired and couldn't wait to have my lunch, quesadillas and take a nap. For me, it was just one of those days where all you wanted to do was spend the day on the couch.  I did a good job of it but by 3:00, I was helping cleaning up the kitchen and getting things put away for the winter, our sump pump and four hoses as well as cleaning some chairs and putting them away.  


Evie's View Late Afternoon

Bill and Joyce, from Philadelphia, and Pat and David, from Houston, arrived at 6:00 and we quickly opened a bottle of Prosecco which Joyce brought, and a chardonnay which Dave brought,  They were empty by the end of the evening along with a bottle of red.  Needless to say, we had a good time.  Evie had made our daughter Jill's recipe for bruschetta, with fresh tomatoes, a hit. Dinner was pork medallions with a sauce, Brussel sprouts with maple syrup and mustard, a salad with red onions and strawberries, and twice-baked potatoes.  We ate at safe distances, and Evie and I ate at a card table, being careful.  Dinner was great as was dessert, a lemon pudding cake with blueberries and raspberries and whipped cream. They stayed till 9:30.  We took a stab at the dishes but left most of them for this morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...