Friday, October 30, 2020

Windy, Wet, And Cold(37º)

8:40

I slept in for the first time in years if getting up at 7:15 is sleeping in.  I also decided to forego a paddle because of the weather, wet, cold, and windy.  It's just too dreary out to motivate me.  It's been like this for a couple of days, what I call Chautauqua gray, with lots of drizzle, little accumulation of rain.

Yesterday was as I mentioned, overcast much of the day although I did get in an early paddle.  After our morning constitutionals, paddling, blog and breakfast, I spent a half-hour practicing Yoga With Adrienne, trying to get back in the routine at least three or four times a week.  I then decided to drive to Jamestown and mail a couple of packages at the UPS store on Foote Avenue, a half-hour drive. All went well at first; I ordered Chinese food for take out, then mailed my packages.  I came out jumped in my car, ready to drive a half-mile to pick up my take out and the car would not start.  Usually, when this happens, I can play around with the gear shift and the car will start.  This time it wouldn't so I called AAA and they said a tow truck would be by in forty-five minutes.  Fortunately, there was a Mc Donald's next door so I picked up a Big Mac and fries, waiting for the tow truck and fiddling with the key and gear shift when, to my surprise, the car started.  I quickly texted the tow truck to cancel the tow and drove home, enjoying my sandwich on the way. I parked the car so that I could easily get a tow if necessary in our parking area.  I then tried the ignition again and it would not start until I played around with the key and the shift again and it started.  I am not sure what I am going to do about it, take it to a mechanic, or ignore it.

Victoria Creek

That ended my excitement or trouble for the day.  While I was gone, Evie made our dinner, Santa Fe Chicken, chicken thighs with hominy, sweet potatoes, green taco sauce and chiles.  I was tired from my morning angst, read and napped as usual.  Neither of us did much the rest of the afternoon until 4:00 when the drizzle stopped.  I decided to get some exercise and walked to Victoria and the woods.  It turned out to be surprisingly pleasant, the woods still wet, the floor covered with leaves.

Fallen Leaves

Tree Trunks Rising

We had time to enjoy our wine because dinner was practically done and Evie made some popcorn for an appetizer, something we should do more often. Dinner was satisfying, loving the hominy, sweet potatoes, and chiles,  and we watched our usual shows, Colbert, The Queen's Gambit and The Great British Baking show before bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...