Sunday, November 1, 2020

Two More Days

Last Night's Blue Moon Over Long Point

6:41

Joyce's Last Dahlia

Well, it's only 8:13, really 9:13 yesterday. I woke to a  gray sky, a brisk wind, then some brief sun before it clouded up and started to drizzle as I paddled down to Sandy Bottom and back. I could tell when the southerly wind would pick up as the lake's surface would feather and I would make sure to hold on to my paddle more securely.  Despite the fact that I saw no wildlife, it was a good way to start a Sunday morning.  

 

Southeastern Sky

For some reason, Saturday was a busy day for me, a day off for Evie. I got in my early paddle as usual, had breakfast, wrote the blog, and then both Evie and I gathered the trash from the past two weeks, enough to fill up my Outback.  I drove to a busy Transfer Station and got some help unloading my car's trash. It always feels good to drop it off.  When I returned, I got busy with a few fall chores, the first, cleaning the leaves out of the gutters, carefully I might add.  I then worked on putting away all of our pots and chairs in the garage, chopped down dead plants, starting the cleaning up of the garden, filling the compost pile with the detritus.  I also filled a couple of garbage pails with stalks and took them up the hill, finishing my chores by 12:30.  Evie had put together Cincinnati chili for lunch, grabbing a frozen quart of chili from the freezer, warming it up, and boiling noodles. A nice hardy lunch for a busy boy.

Saturday Afternoon Blue Skies

That was it for the day, really, as I spent the rest of the day reading, taking a nap, listening to some news, then, about 4:30, the sun came out so I went for a short walk around Victoria, running into our neighbor's John and Maryanne, excited because their son Steve's wife had just given birth to their second grandchild, a girl.  We then relaxed with a glass of wine as the sun lit up the eastern horizon, the colors muted as the leaves begin to turn brown.  Dinner was heating up the Santa Fe chicken, making some rice, and ending it with a yogurt and berry parfait.  We watched Colbert, then Real Time With Bill Maher, and some HGTV shows before bed.  

6:42 PM


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...