Sunday, October 4, 2020

Docks Are Coming In

Mums


6:54

It's later than usual, as I start this, 9:20, and I was out for over an hour, paddling down to Tom's Point to Stow where I glimpsed, briefly, four herons perched in a tree, a rare sight.  I was able to get one shot before they all flew off.  

Kayak Morning

Baby Heron

Coot Collective

Wood Ducks

Slim

Yesterday was a typical Saturday, not much we had to do, thus, we did not do much except hang out.  My morning was the same, a paddle, blog, breakfast and then we gathered up the trash and off I went to the Transfer Station.  That done, we both took it easy, couching it, reading both the Washington Post, New York Times, and listening to all the pundits discuss and speculate Trump's coming down with 'Covid 20, not 19 but 20...it's the best.' 

Evie made me a great wrap for lunch, basically a salad inside of a Lavash wrap, my new favorite lunch. I watched another episode of Babylon Berlin, some basketball saved from Friday night, then read, finishing up my novel, starting a couple others but none grab me yet.  I need a good read.  After my nap, we decided to actually do something, so we worked on planting a clematis next to a trellis, on the south side of our house.  We have had bad luck with them, as some animal seems to enjoy biting off the stems, so we surrounded it with a wire fence, hoping that works.  Evie also sprayed a castor oil mixture which is supposed to keep moles and voles and other animals away because of the smell.  

Around 4:00, our neighbors, Jim and Barb walked by and we invited them to have a beer on our porch. It was a good way to while away the rest of the afternoon since we did not want to do anything.  We watched more of the news, wanting to keep up on the Super Spreaders' health until 6:00, when it was time for a glass of wine and relaxing on our couches, with the fireplace blazing, warming our living room.  The sun would turn its spotlight on sections of the eastern shoreline, lighting up the colors of fall.

Rainbow In A Blue Sky

Long Point Colors at 6:15

Dinner was reheating the chicken, artichokes, and mushroom casserole from Friday night.  We watched a Colbert, more of the news, then two more episodes of Borgen, still good.  We went to bed around 10:30, whooped from doing practically nothing. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...