Thursday, October 22, 2020

We Could Get Used To This

7:02

7:28

I slept in some, till 7:00, the sky mostly grey with slashes of cream.  It looks like another crappy day in paradise, warm, sunny, blue skies, another stellar beach day at Topsail.  I could get used to this although I miss the fall colors of Chautauqua. It's 8:00 and I just returned from a half-hour beach walk, Drew and I are sitting on the front porch and I am trying to listen to Morning Joe over the crashing sounds of the waves. High Tide: 12:57,  Low Tide: 6:11

8:01

7:41

Yesterday was another fine beach day although we really didn't get to the beach until the ebbing of high tide, just afternoon.  Our morning was filled with all of us on our devices although both Jill and Drew were working unlike the rest of us who just surfed the net, looking for something to read or do. Evie and I volunteered to go to Food Lion to pick up a few things we need for our dinners the next couple of nights, an easy four-mile drive. I was struck by the seeming refusal of at least half of the population to wear a mask although every worker in Food Lion was wearing a mask. It's becoming infuriating at least to me to see this blatant disregard of other people's health, whatever the reason.  Drew and Halle went the other way, south to Surf City, to pick up a few things as well.  

Body Surfing

Halle And Her Dad

A Perfect Pass

I beached it for an hour, from noon to 1:00, getting in some body surfing, our chairs hugging the wall of sand because it was high tide.  Evie, then, stayed down, joined for Jill and Drew and I went up and showered, made lunch, then read and napped until 2:00. I joined the gang and we stayed down on the beach, drinking an occasional beer, taking walks, sunbathing, playing volleyball, and body surfing.  I love the water, the waves, the smell of salt.  

The Coach

Jilly Bean

We left the beach and stayed up, recuperating from the sun until 6:00 when it was wine time as well as time to get back to the beach with the dogs and watch the sky change as the sunset off to the West, behind the oceanfront homes. It was a perfect temperature for the dogs and they loved being unleashed and allowed to race up and down the beach.  

Enjoying Sunset With The Pups

What A Cutie

Another Cutie

We stayed until dusk then went up and Drew and I got busy, lighting the charcoal, then grilled Greek marinated chicken thighs for dinner.  Jill had naan so we were able to make Greek chicken souvlaki sandwiches, with tzatziki sauce, tomatoes, and onions.  It was a good choice, a change from seafood, and with a salad and nutty buddy for dessert, we were all happy, ready to play a rousing game of Telefunky until 10:00, with Jill and Jan the winners, Drew and I the big losers, how appropriate.  

Yesterday's Amazing Sky As The Sun Begins To Set






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...