Thursday, October 8, 2020

Cloud Masses Rule

7:03

7:27

7:32

7:34

8:37

It's 8:35 and I paddled for close to an hour, as the sun disappeared behind the vast October cloud banks.  It was easy paddling, a light wind, and 47º although I did not see any waterfowl of interest, just mallards.

Kayak Morning

7:26

Yesterday went quickly because I had a brief paddle, before a quick in and out doctor's appointment and I was home by 9:45, in time to finish up the blog by 10:00, later than usual.  It was too late to go for a hike anywhere so we just hung out until lunch, a tuna sandwich with cheese, under the broiler for five minutes, a nice change.  I watched my show, Babylon Berlin, and Evie took off to her hair appointment with Jaret in Lakewood, always fun, because she gets the scoop on some of interesting personalities.  Afterward, she stopped at TJ's to return things but came home with another shopping bag, of course as there is always a deal.  I meanwhile wasted much of the afternoon watching a couple of episodes of my show, and reading a bit.  

Evie did not get back until 4:00 and by then I was sick and tired of watching TV so I went for a walk in the Victoria woods and was struck as always by the beauty of the trees in Autumn.  I bushwhacked around the trees, making my own way, and felt much better once I returned home. A walk in the woods is always a panacea for a bad mood.

We relaxed with wine around 5:30, surprised by the winds, with gusts up to 50 mph according to the weather guys.  It made me take our benches and chairs off the dock for fear the wind might take them off the dock into the cold water.  Dinner took about 10 minutes, warm up the leftover pork medallions and twice-baked potatoes, and make a salad.  Dinner was even better than the night before.  We watched Colbert, then two more episodes of Borgen, then the debate between Harris and Pence.  Pence refused to stop talking when his time was up, often lied and avoided answering the questions, preferring to praise the Super Spreader, surprise.  Harris held her own and proved she was a legitimate Vice Presidential candidate, a historic first for a Black Woman.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...