Thursday, October 29, 2020

More Gray, More Rain

6:18

It's misty outside, both lake and sky gray on a wet morning.  It's 43º and it does not look as if we will see the Sun until Saturday.  Surprisingly, yesterday afternoon, the sun came out for maybe an hour, cheering us up, lighting up the lake and sky with blue.  I decided to get in a paddle despite the drizzle, donned my rain pants and slicker, and enjoyed a forty-minute paddle in light rain.

Kayaking Along The Shore

Paddling North

Eagle

Yesterday was a day for shopping, for stocking up after a couple of weeks.  I got in a paddle, down to Magnolia, then wrote the blog and had breakfast.  While Evie made up her shopping list and organized, I practiced yoga for the first time in weeks, watching a Yoga With Adrienne show called Yoga for The Dead. I needed it and felt righteous afterward for having done it.  Around 11:15,  I drove off to do some shopping, hitting Walmart to pick up a few things, then the booze store to stock up on Black Velvet for the long, long winter nights when a Manhattan is our panacea.  Everywhere I went, people are wearing masks which is good to see.  

When I returned, Evie had my lunch ready, a quesadilla filled with garlic spinach, a nice change.  She then left for a mega shopping outing, hitting both Wegman's and T, J, Maxx. I watched my show, then read and napped until a phone call woke me up.  I then relaxed on the couch until I realized that the rain had stopped and the sun had come out, seemingly drying up the yard.  Evie was still shopping at 3:30 so I went out and powered up the lawnmower and mulched our front yard and hour neighbors, both covered with leaves despite mulching a day or two ago.  

Late Afternoon Blue

Evie came home with lots of goodies, from both TJ and Wegmans, excited with some of her finds from TJ. We put away the groceries, and she tried on some of the things she bought, separating the keepers from those she will return.  Since dinner was already made, the beef stew from Monday, we were able to relax with a glass of wine and enjoy the brief blue skies and resting lake.  We ate at 6:30, the stew just as good if not better, the Brussel sprouts tender and tasty, the salad nice and vinegary.  We watched Colbert, Real Time With Bill Maher, The Queens Gambit, and The Great English Baking Show, quite an eclectic viewing for the evening. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...