Friday, October 9, 2020

What A Morning!

Still Kickin It

7:32

It's 8:45 and I have just finished a forty-five-minute paddle on as fine a morning as I have had on this lake. A crisp air, a calm lake, brilliant sunshine, and me, ogling the spectacular colors of autumn foliage.  We forget the beauty of this time of year until it arrives.  

Kayak Morning


Blending In

Thursday was another day where I thought it was Wednesday.  I convinced Evie in the morning it was Wednesday until she pointed out to me late afternoon that I was wrong; it was actually Thursday.  The morning started as usual, kayaking, blog, and breakfast.  By the time we were ready to do something, it was already 10:00 and Evie had a doctor's appointment at 11:30.  We decided to walk Long Point but by the time we were on our way, we changed our minds and walked Tom's Point, closer to us and shorter walk.  It was a good choice, the sky gunmetal gray, with occasional sunshine.  When we arrived at the tip of Tom's Point, our neighbor, Maryanne was out there, walking with a friend.  We enjoyed our 35-minute walk and Evie had time to get ready for her appointment in Mayville.

Fall Sky

Walking Out To Tom's Point

Towards Tom's Point

I made an easy lunch, Progresso soup, and a bagel with hummus and tomatoes.  I watched another episode of my show, read my Longmire novel, and fell asleep briefly.  Evie was home earlier than I expected and was able to go to the Board Of Election in Mayville, pick up her ballot, fill it out, and give it to the board and was done, all in about five minutes.  We recommend this for any local voter.  Around 3:00, Evie fired up the lawnmower and cut both our lawn and our neighbors with Bill mowing his side yard (dueling lawnmowers), with my help towards the end when she had run out of gas. 




At 4:20, I drove to one of my buddy's house on Morley Road, five minutes away, for beers with the guys.  It was warm enough to sit outside the barn, in partial sun, and enjoy our beers and company. It was a sad occasion, however, as one of our breakfast group passed away two days ago. We miss him. We finished up around 6:15 when it became too cold to sit outside.

Gang Of Five

When I returned home, dinner was ready, chili and pasta, and a salad. It hit the spot as my Mom would say.  We watched Colbert, some news, then one episode of Borgen before Evie, tired from her day, went to bed early.  I made the mistake of watching Hannity let Trump make a fool of himself as Trump called into the Fox Host. Trump is capable of saying anything stupid, racist, misogynistic, or crazy and Hannity gives him free rein, egging him on. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...