Saturday, October 24, 2020

All Good Things Must End







It's our last morning here at the beach and as usual, I am the only one up.  We are supposed to be out of the condo by 10:00, so I will take a short walk on the beach at sunrise, return, finish up the blog, make sure everyone is up and we start cleaning and packing, sad making.  Low Tide: 8:47, High Tide: 3:00

Yesterday was a classic beach day, as we all left the beach with savage tans, just kidding although Jill is close.  I took my usual half-hour sunrise walk, came back and a few were up, a few still asleep. It took a while to finish the blog because of so many photos and we were having trouble with downloading them because of the wifi's fickleness. I managed to get down to the beach by 11:00, knowing the tide was coming in at 2:00.  Jill and Drew soon joined me, then Evie.  It was the warmest day of the week so I went boogie boarding to cool off, then on a walk with Evie.  I had enough after a half hour but Evie kept on for a good hour it was so pleasant.  




Around 1:00 I left Drew, Evie and Jill on the beach, made a couple of sandwiches, then took a good hour nap.  I read for a while, went to the beach, leaving Evie and Jan to play Bananagrams on the porch.  Jill, Drew, and I stayed on the beach until 5:00.  They headed up and I went for a final boogie boarding on the waves, getting tossed a couple of times by the last wave.  

4:53


6:15





Around 5:00 we pulled out some appetizers only to realize we were out of wine so Jill and I drove to the grocery to pick up a couple of bottles of Cupcake sauvignon blanc and were back in time to take our final beach walk at sunset, always the best time of the day.  We took a final selfie, let the dogs run loose before coming up for a dinner of leftovers, hamburgs, Greek chicken, scallops with risotto and spinach, as well as hot dogs and a salad.  


Yum, Hot Dogs

No one complained and it tasted surprisingly good, maybe because no one had to cook.  We ended the night with brownies and a game of Telefunky, with Evie and Jan trouncing the rest of us. We fininshed just about 10:00 and we all went to bed, tired from the sun and water.  

We have a six hour drive today to Jill's house in Bristow, will stay the night and then drive seven more hours on Sunday to the lake.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...