Friday, October 2, 2020

Poetic Justice

During Tuesday's debate, Trump mocks Biden for wearing a mask when campaigning. 

 “I don't wear a mask like him. Every time you see him, he’s got a mask, He could be speaking 200 feet away from it. And he shows up with the biggest mask I’ve ever seen."


6:59

New View Of Our Home

It's a wet morning here at the lake.  I am listening to all the speculation about what Trump's testing positive for the Covid19 virus means for the country, for his staff, his government, and most importantly, the election.  What a crazy 2020 it has been.  What's next? Who is next? It makes you wonder especially since Trump's family refused to wear masks during the debate even though they were asked to wear masks by the Cleveland Clinic.  I guess science matters, facts matter, truth matters. Is it mean to think of the words schadenfreude and Karma here? 

Northern Sky

Southern Sky

Blending In The Reeds

Thursday was cloudy early, blue skies, and calm later on the day.  I started as usual with a good paddle, watching the sky change to gray.  While I was enjoying breakfast, Malan, our Amish tree guy, drove up and cut down the Limber pine in our back yard.  It took him about ten minutes to cut it down and chop it up in fire pit sizes.  He will be back next week to grind up the stump.  Around 10:00, we worked some at organizing, always organizing the attic.  We made room for summer things and put away all our fans and air conditioners, a start to getting ready for winter.  Once we were done, Evie made a Wegman's list but had difficulty syncing it with my iPhone.  Finally, she had to redo the list on my phone.  On my way, I stopped for a coffee at Ryders Cup.  Three gals were standing with coffees, talking, maskless.  Idiots and me for getting a coffee.  I stopped at the bank, found out that they were now offering a checking account with no fees so I signed up for it.  I then shopped at Wegmans and most people were wearing their masks properly.  It seems to be a thing to not cover your nose for some people. 

It was lunchtime when I returned home. Evie had been busy giving the orange room a spring cleaning, making sure it was ready for winter.  I had two meatloaf sandwiches and a bowl of soup made from a leftover pot roast so I was happy.  I spent the rest of the afternoon reading, napping, and watching some TV.  Evie tried to read in the side yard but it was too cool.  

Victoria Woods

Kinney's Run

Around 4:30, Evie started making our dinner, Tyler's curry with tilapia, cabbage, and red curry.  While she put it together, I walked in the Victoria/Woodlawn woods for a half-hour, surprised by all the leaves that had fallen. I talked with our neighbors, Jeff and Ken, after the walk, up for the weekend to take in their dock.  Fortunately, they brought Ken's son Ian to help out, as the next generation begins to take over.  

Dinner was just as good as when our grandson made it during his visit.  We watched the usual, Colbert, which was fun, then on to two more episodes of Borgen and another building Off The Grid to watch something upbeat.  Just as we went to bed, we heard the 'breaking news' that Hope Hicks, Trump's advisor, had tested positive for Covid19, and Trump and his wife were awaiting the results of their test.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...