Thursday, October 15, 2020

Changing Sky, Changing Weather



Victoria/Woodlawn

7:26

7:42

7:46

8:56

When I got up at 7:00, we had clear skies and another fine sunrise at 7:40.  I didn't get out to paddle until 8:00 and was out for forty as the clouds moved.  I kayaked over to Long Point, across to Sandy Bottom, and home, perhaps my last time across the lake as I stay safe by sticking to the shore when the lake temperature drops.

Kayak Morning

Paddling Home

Peak Colors on Woodlawn

Northern Sky

Coots

Siblings Or Mates

Yesterday was another busy day not only for us but for the guys.  I got in a short paddle before driving into Jamestown to get a crown put on, a common occurrence lately.  I then stopped briefly at Wegman's since it was on the way home.  When I returned home, Chris had picked up my boat, taken it to the Marina, to powerwash, winterize, then store.  Also, Austin, our jack of all trades, was working on cementing our lake wall.  Of course, we needed more cement so I quickly drove off to Home Depot again, having been in the parking areas an hour ago.  I picked up seven more bags, making sure I would not have to go back again.  

Striking Still

It was noon by the time I returned, so I had lunch, the last of the enchiladas, and watched Babylon Berlin, starting Season Three, a bit confusing so I went to Wikipedia to read a summary. I took a good nap for once, falling asleep while reading.  Austin was done by the time I woke and the wall looks great and should last for years.  He's an amazing worker, never rests and works quickly.  The rest of the afternoon we both kept busy, getting ready for our trip.  We are planning on spending a week on the beach in Topsail, North Carolina with our daughter Jill and family.  We will leave Friday morning for Virginia, spend a night at Jill's, then drive to Topsail on Saturday.  So we had lots to do, both inside and out.  I continued to put things away in the garage attic, cleared the dock,  and planted some grass seed where our pine once stood. Evie was busy doing the wash, organizing for our trip, crossing things off to the to do list like giving me a hair cut.

Geraniums On The Porch

We did have time to relax with a glass of wine around 6:00 because Evie had made dinner earlier, a curry with coconut milk, garbanzo beans, and cauliflower.  We had it over rice and both of us really enjoyed it.  We watched a Colbert from last week, where he had the cast from the West Wing on for the hour.  We then watched the third season of Fargo and though we watched two episodes, neither of us were taken with it and we most likely will bag it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...