Monday, October 19, 2020

Summer Like Days On The Beach

"Got My Toes In The Sand/Beer In My Hand"

 
7:26



7:39

It's 6;15 and I just made the coffee and am now waiting for that first cup.  I am rhe only one up and the sounds of the ocean fill the living room, an incredible vastness to one who lives on a small lake. It looks like today will be warm, in the high 70's, with lots of clouds.  It's 8:00, Drew and his Mom are up, the rest still sleeping.  I walked the beach for a half hour, taking photos of the sun rising behind the clouds. A few people were out, many walking their dogs before the tide comes in.  High tide at 9:49 AM, Low tide at 4:20 PM today.

It's easy to describe yesterday because it will be much the same for the rest of the week.  I was first up, so that I could walk the beach and take photos of the sunrise along with a few other early risers.  When I returned all were up except Halle, having various breakfasts since we had yet to get to the store.  I had a bagel, some yogurt, others just coffee.  Jill and Evie spent a good hour, then, making up a thorough list for grocery shopping and the two of them and Halle went off to the store, about ten minutes away.  I took a short walk on the beach again and Drew and his Mom enjoyed our porch with a view of the pool and ocean. 

Low Tide

A Sandpiper

Wildflowers

The Sun

The gals returned just before noon, the car groaning with groceries.  Everything was put away quickly so we could get to the beach.  I had leftover shells and chicken for lunch, the same for others or sandwiches.  By 1:00, most we on the beach except for me, tired from getting up early so I took my usual afternoon nap.  Just as I was about to join them, after having watched some football with Drew, everyone came u for a break so I went down and relaxed in a lawn chair until I got bored and came back up.

Wow

It's A Dog's Life

Tide Pools

Dark Skies Highlight Our Condo

All of us went back down about 5:30, with cocktails, something we hope to do each day, and wait for the sun to set.  It is the best time of the day, not too hot, a nice breeze, and a changing sky.  We walked some, with the dogs, relaxed in chairs until the sun hid behind the condos, and went back upstairs to get started on dinner.  

Cocktail Hour






6:40 PM

Drew and I cooked burgers and hot dogs on a charcoal grill,  and the gals made a salad and french fries to go along with our dinner.  It was not the tastiest of dinners, the burgers smoky for some reason, the fries soggy although the salad was fine, and the Nutty Buddies for dessert exceptional.  We sat at the dinner table for at least an hour, learning about Drew's Mom's life, a wife of a Vietnam vet, and career soldier, all the moves she made with seven kids. Once again, we all went to bed early, at 9:30, tired from our day at the beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...