Tuesday, October 13, 2020

A Windy, Windy Day

7:20

8:14

I got in a short paddle because I have a car appointment with Finn, my Subaru guy, a half-hour ride away in a tiny town called Niobe.  I like supporting him although he does good business by specializing in Subarus.  It rained some last night, clouded up early but now, at 8:10 it's beginning to clear. 

Kayak Morning

Beginning To Clear

Yesterday we both were busy off and on, for Evie it was prepping for a cookout with Linda and Ron.  I got in a paddle, then gassed up my boat for the last time I assume, enough to get it down the lake to the Marina.  Once that was done, I drove to Lakewood, hit the can man, getting rid of my returnables, then on to Home Depot for another bag of cement and Wegman's for groceries.  Neither was very crowded despite it being Columbus Day, whatever that means in these days of wokeness and political correctness.

Evie was relaxing when I returned, having been busy much of the morning.  I picked up a sub at Wegmans so there was no problem with lunch.  I even had some Utz chips with my sandwich as did Evie.  I watched my show, read some, downloaded four new books, then napped for a half hour.  

We relaxed inside because it was too windy to be outside, a real fall day, but finally, we wanted to do something outside.  While Evie mulched the leaves, covering our lawn, I dug a hole for our new tree, a False Cypress.  It was tough digging, mostly rocks, and stones, so I added lots of compost before setting the tree.  It looks cute.  I also pulled four posts out from next to our garage and wheelbarrowed them out to our front yard and set them where we will be storing our dock and horses.  It's that time of the year, alas as both our boat and dock will be going in this week.  

Picnicking  Indoors

Linda and Ron arrived at 6:00 and we quickly opened four Sam Adams Octoberfest beers and got out the appetizers, lavash wraps with veggies inside, our new go-to appetizer.  It was still too windy to sit on the front porch so we sat inside until it was time to grill the burgers and dogs.  Ron helped me of course and between the two of us, we usually do a decent, if not great job of it.  We had hoped to sit outside but we were a day late; either Saturday or Sunday would have been fine.  Our picnic dinner was great, followed by yogurt parfaits with blueberries and raspberries. They left at 9:30 and we still had the energy to clean up the kitchen before watching some TV and bed.

 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for the lovely pictures of autumn on the Grounds. You make our fall--next best thing to being there!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...