Friday, July 31, 2020

Fog Rising

5:48

6:20

6:28

Great Blue Heron

Early Morning Paddlers In The Fog

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood, low 60's, blue skies, and lake.  Evie's still enjoying a sleep in the morning and I just returned from an hour and a half paddle.  I did photograph not only an eagle but three or four different herons, a good morning on the lake.  

Jim And Tina

I spent the last 15 minutes of my paddle talking with fellow paddlers, Jim and Tina, up for the weekend.

Kayak Morning

Great Blue At Long Point

Bald Eagle At Power Boat Club

Bootey Bay Heron

A Rare Photo Of Two Great Blue Herons

Yesterday was another humid day although the temperatures never did get into the 80s.  I got in my paddle early, wrote the blog and then, as Evie made a quinoa soup, with lots of fresh vegetables, I practiced yoga for the first time in a couple of weeks.  I have to get more disciplined, either walk, practice yoga or bike every day.  So far, I am on day two.  We decided to do some shopping for an umbrella for the dock since the old pole snapped as the result of heavy wind and we could not figure out a way to fix it.  Unfortunately, the two stores we went to did not have any left.  We ended up doing a quick shopping, then at Wegmans, picking up enough for the next three or four days.  

Cone Flowers

When we returned, Evie was determined to find a way to jerryrig the umbrella, worked at it, was able to force it into the pole but it was still weak.  I then found a pipe in the garage, wide enough to fit over the pole and give it rigidity and viola, Evie had an umbrella.  We were both shocked and excited that we had figured out a way to fix it.  Afterward, I had lunch, a bagel and the quinoa soup, healthy and warming.  I watched my show and started a new book, The Girl Who Takes An Eye For An Eye, a Lizbeth Salander Swedish thriller.  She became famous in The Girl With The Dragon Tatoo. 

I fell asleep reading, of course, joined Evie in the side yard, enjoying the sun for once.  Around 5:00, we both took showers and at 6:30, met our friends, Linda and Ron, at the Chautauqua Institution's Golf Club, where we sat outside on their clubhouse patio and had special, burgers, fries and a beer for 13 bucks.  It was a pleasant night to sit outside, as golf carts raced by.  The meal was average at best so we most likely will not be back although the surroundings, the green lawn, and trees. were inviting.  

Dudes And Chicks
We closed up the place, as usual, took a selfie and were home by 8:30, in time to watch some news, then another episode of Hometown before bed. It was a good day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...