Wednesday, July 15, 2020

A Couple Of Herons And A Bald Eagle

6:11
Good Morning, Sunshine
It's another delightful morning here on the lake.  I wake up every morning, surprised by the blue skies, the sunrise, the calm lake, wondering whatever happened to the Chautauqua Gray of winter. It was a fine morning for a paddle, over to Tom's Point, across to Bemus and home.  I was able to photograph a bald eagle and two or three herons, a good morning.

Kayak Morning
Bald Eagle At Tom's Point
Great Blue Heron At Tom's Point

Tom's Point Again

Great Blue And Wood Ducks, South End Of Long Point State Park
Chubby Wood Ducks
Yesterday was another different day for me, more of the same for Evie.  After a paddle and breakfast and shower, I drove to Erie, to ride my bike around Presque Isle State Park, a ten-mile peninsula jutting out from Erie, PA.  It's home to some of the best inland beaches in the United States and a great asphalt path circling the peninsula. 

Bike Path
Lake Erie Beach Erodes By High Waters
It was packed with people, cars driving back and forth, bikes, inline skaters, families with strollers, and walkers. It was nice and cool so I hardly worked up a sweat biking.  I checked out a couple of the beaches, with lots of beachgoers enjoying the water and high '70s weather.  It looked as if everything was normal, no pandemic, just families out enjoying a day at the beach. 

Erosion
Typical  Beach At Presque Isle
When I finished biking,  I enjoyed a peanut butter and jelly sandwich before driving home. I stopped, of course, at Ortons' Produce in Northeast for a homemade cherry pie, some Pot O Gold Milk, and two potbellies of chocolate milk for Evie.

I was home by 2:00, sat outside with Evie who had just finished cutting both our yard and our neighbors until it was time to drive to Jamestown, for a dental check-up. The dental staff was all suited up, careful with everything except that I had to take my mask off for an examination, Duh.  No problems, so I was on my way home, stopping at Peterson's to pick up more of their early corn.

We sat out in the sideyard enjoying the cool late afternoon, with our always spectacular view of Chautauqua Lake with a glass of wine.  Around 6:45, we decided it was time to eat so Evie fried a couple of eggs, set it on top of garlic spinach, microwaved the corn, and made a salad with the leftover salmon.  It was more than enough and tasty.  Again, we both devoured the corn because it was so sweet.  We watched Colbert, back on after a two-week hiatus and two more episodes of the crazy yet compelling Money Heist.  Where it goes, no one knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...