Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Morning Haze

5:57
9:08
It's 8:45, and I am back from an hour paddle, over to Tom's Point, across to the southern end of Long Point State Park and back.  Evie's been out watering, thinking of things to do.  I did not see much on a paddle, just a family of wood ducks sitting on a log. 

Kayak Morning
Wood Ducks Sun Bathing
Yesterday was back to window washing, after kayaking, writing the blog and breakfast.  Evie worked inside and I washed outside, giving them a double wash because they really needed it.  I shudder to think of what I missed when I get up in the morning and see the sun on them.  They never look clean from that angle.  We both worked up quite a sweat from washing, so I suggested a boat ride to cool off.  It was a good idea, a nice wind, the bimini top protecting us from the sun, a calm lake.  We went over to Bemus and home, out for forty-five minutes, just right.

Maroon Coreopsis
When we returned home, it was time for lunch and I finished up the leftovers, the beans, the coleslaw, the potato salad.  I started a new show call Hinterland, a Welsh detective series, which I started before but stopped for some reason. It was too hot to do much after our morning, so we spent most of the afternoon out on the dock under the umbrella, reading, fishing, just enjoying the occasional breeze.  I took a brief nap before joining Evie.  Surprisingly, the lake remains quite busy despite Covid 19 as people just want to get out and enjoy the water, fishing, and boating. I not sure how much safe distancing is being practiced, however, as groups seem to mingle.

By wine time, we decided to sit on the porch and Evie started our dinner.  We were having a Middle Eastern salad called Tabouleh, cracked wheat, tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, mint and lemon juice, and olive oil. She also grilled asparagus and chicken thighs.  I had forgotten how fresh and healthy the tabouleh tasted and the asparagus and chicken thighs were just right.  We had no leftovers.  We watched another Hometown, some news, then two more episodes of Money Heist, which ranges from tension-filled to silly.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...