Monday, July 27, 2020

Monday, Monday

6:36
7:15
It's 6:20 as I start this because I have to leave for a Stress Test at 7:45. It's a warm 72º, a quiet morning on the lake.  I did manage to get in a half-hour on the lake, returning at 7:15.

Kayak Morning
Cloud Reflections On Woodlawn
Sunday was another fun day, not much going on.  We had an easy morning, for me kayaking down to
Snug Harbor and back and Evie, the lucky dog, slept in until after 9:00.  By the time she got up, I had paddled, written the blog and put on the photographs.  We decided early on not to get much done because of the heat.  Once the blog was written, Evie watered the garden from the lake and I ended up reading on the couch, tired from my paddle and lack of sleep.

Dahlia
We had our big breakfast on the porch after a hiatus, eggs, bacon and a bagel, just enough to fill me up and get me ready for a nap.  I slept briefly, read some more and finished my book and started a new Michael Connely novel which appeared on my Kindle. We spent the rest of the afternoon sitting in our side yard, in the shade, avoiding the heat, cooled some by a light breeze.  For some reason, I had a hankering for popcorn so I went in an made a pot, brought it outside and we devoured it along with a nice, tall glass of lemonade. 

We went in around 4:00 to shower and get ready to go for drinks at our friends' Fred and Judy's home in the Chautauqua Institution.  We had to get gate passes, fortunately, for the summer and a parking pass to get to their home.  They have been up since mid-June and spend their winters in Davidson, North Carolina. We got to know them because I played three on three basketball tournaments with Fred back in the day.  Judy is an amazing artist, has had shows all over the United States. 

Fred And Judy
They, like us, have been careful to quarantine.  We sat outside on their porch, enjoying a glass of wine and separate appetizers, de riguer recently.  It was great to see them and we vowed to get together before they head back to North Carolina because they miss their grandson.  We understand.

We were home by 7:30 and Evie made a quick ratatouille with the eggplant she had baked yesterday and heated up the leftover turkey and zucchini meatballs, so we had an easy dinner, serving the meatballs on pita bread with a sour cream and sumac sauce.  We watched a Colbert, then another episode of Money Heist, and we are getting to the point where we cannot wait for it to finish. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...