Friday, July 10, 2020

Overnight Rain

6:19
Looking For Breakfast  On The Dock At 6:09
We received over an inch of rain last night and both of us were awakened by thunder and lightning.  As a result, the garden looks great, the lawn nice and green.  We needed it.  It's now 7:44 and I have been out for almost an hour, a nice breeze going, less so coming home. I photographed another osprey, probably the same ones as yesterday because he was perched in the same area.

Kayak Morning
Woodlawn Sky

A Noble Osprey
Thursday was typical, not, and a lazy day for me.  I did only two things, put the cover on the boat because of the rain and took a couple of trash cans up to the woodpile.  It's amazing how we fill them with weeds, both from the lake and garden and deadfall. O, yea, I paid my bills, always fun and thought about yoga but was too lazy to get out my mat.  While I was doing this, Evie cut the lawn, taking timeouts every 10 minutes for water because it was disgustingly hot.  When she was done, she was soaked with sweat but happy to have the lawn looking great. 

While she showered,  I heated up the leftover Thai food and watched my show.  Evie left to finally get her hair done as Jaret is catching up with his customers.  She was gone till 3:00 so I spent most of the time reading and taking a short nap.  I showered when she came home and drove off to The Big Inlet brewery where I was meeting the breakfast boys for late afternoon beers. 

Beers With The Guys At Big Inlet Brewery
We have not seen each other in weeks, some in months because they spent the winter in Florida.  It was surprisingly pleasant sitting outside, enjoying a beer, and catching up with all our lives the past few months. I got there at 4:30 and left around 6:00 because we were meeting Linda and Ron at the Bemus Point Golf Course And Tap House for dinner at 6:30.  I was home by 6:15 and at the Tap Room by 6:30, just in time to meet them on the porch.  We love their burgers so after an appetizer of onion rings, we all enjoyed various burgers with fries and beers of course.  Again, despite the heat, it was pleasant sitting outside, enjoying our meal and catching up on the past week's gossip. 

Evening Sky From Bridge
We left around 8:30, more or less the last to leave and were home in time to watch another episode of Money Heist. Part II.  It was a fun day, beers late afternoon, burgers, fries and beers early evening, both with good friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...