Friday, July 3, 2020

Beginning To Feel Like Groundhog Day

6:01
It's 8:50, a warm morning already and I kayaked for close to an hour, my usual route, along Woodlawn, stopping to talk with neighbors, across to the Boat House and Long Point, back to Sandy Bottom and home.  And I admit to getting bored with my morning routine, its sameness, lack of variety, morning coffee, kayak, write the blog, and eat breakfast.  I also cannot break it and even though I don't always feel like kayaking, I feel I have to get out there and been out almost every morning since early March, missing only if the wind makes the lake dangerous.

Kayak Morning
Fishing Dogs
Yesterday, then, was not much different from the previous 120 days, at least the mornings.  When we finished the blog and had breakfast on the dock and it was so pleasant, we decided to go for a boat ride before the wind picked up, the crowds arrived.  We cruised down to the Viking Club and back, on a lovely morning.  We were out for forty-five minutes, enough to pick up our spirits.  We closed up the house when we returned, hoping to keep it cool during the hot afternoon.

First Daisy
For lunch, I finished up the Cuban sandwich, watched my show, finally finished my book Manhattan Beach, and took a nap.  Because of the heat, neither one of us felt like doing much, even sitting outside.  So we tried to keep cool either on the porch with a fan or inside. Ken and Marjorie stopped by and we chatted for a while sharing "stories." Evie had put together our shopping list for the weekend and we were going to go this morning.  I suggested going yesterday afternoon and getting it over with figuring most people would have shopped earlier in the day, leaving the store less busy late afternoon.  Wrong.  The store was filled with idiots like me, shopping late afternoon.  I saw only one guy without a mask and everyone seemed to have that hurried look on their face, wanting to get their shopping over with.  Surprisingly, I was in and out fairly quickly and only forgot two things, ice cream bars, and Marzetti's Avocado dressing.

We put things away quickly and were on the dock with a beer by 6:00, as the afternoon began to cool as a breeze picked up.  We had leftovers for dinner, what else, Wienerschnitzel sandwiches, on sourdough bread, with mayo and tomatoes. We also had roasted cauliflower and a salad, so we were more than happy.  We watched a Home Town which featured their favorite porches from past shows and another episode of Money Heist.  Cheers left Netflix at the end of June so that's no longer an option for us.  I started a new book by Steph Cha called YOUR HOUSE WILL PAY.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...