Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Almost August

6:06

6:06

6:20

8:56

A partly cloudy morning as it is cooling off.  I paddled for forty-five minutes, discovering just as I paddled out that my camera battery was dead so no photos of wildlife this morning, just photos of the morning sky while paddling, spectacular in their own right.  I listened to Leonard Cohen, songs of love, longing, regret, and sadness.

Kayak Morning





Yesterday was another day, what else is there to say these days as not much changes.  After kayaking and the blog and messing around in the kitchen, I drove off to Jamestown to get stitches removed from my arm by the dermatologist.  Then I stopped at Wegman's since its on the way home and it is hard to pass it by because we always need something, like ice cream, yogurt, or salad. I was home by noon and was already hungry so I heated up the leftover chicken shwarma and rice, a tasty lunch, and watched my show.

Coneflowers And Phlox

I am reading the new Michael Connelly, much different from his other books as he follows Jack McEvoy, a somewhat disgraced journalist who happens upon a serial killer while trying to get a story.  It follows his usual outline, but instead of detectives, it is a journalist following the killer.  We did not do much in the afternoon and at 4:00 went over to our neighbors', Bill and Joyce, and sat in their front yard until 6:00 enjoying a glass of wine, various nuts, and talking about the good old days at the lake when we had our families up for part of the summer. 

Earlier Evie had taken the leftover ratatouille, added more squash and tomatoes, and Turkish spices to it and we had a tasty pasta dinner with Foccacia from Trader Joes. We were determined to finish Money Heist, Part IV so we watched the last three episodes and were left what is going to happen next in Part V, still to be made.  We then watched a brief of the success of the series as the actors have become famous all over the world because of the series.  Interesting because it was not a big hit in Spain until it was released worldwide and became a big hit. I think Evie's had enough but I will watch Part V when it is released.  Like many series this long, we are both pulled in and pushed away as it's uneven, often silly but at times, intense, a crazy combination of numerous love stories set in violence, robbery, defiance, brutality, and death.  Ir often echoes current events, modern themes, and social concerns. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...