Thursday, July 16, 2020

A Warm, Southerly Wind Morning

6:11
6:14
It's 8:45 and we are both sitting in our living room, as Evie regales me with her latest wild dream.  Wish Freud were still alive.  I did kayak over to Tom's Point and back, on a choppy, windy lake going, no problem paddling back.  I photographed the usual suspects but it was difficult to get a good photograph because of the waves and a rocking boat. 

Kayak Morning
Tom's Point Bald Eagle
Red-Tailed Hawk
Goofy Heron
Yesterday I woke with the thought of two things.  Gassing up my boat and taking a bike ride through Long Point State Park.  So after breakfast and the blog, I used my siphon to put ten gallons of gas in my boat, always a hassle but I did it.  Then, I gathered my biking stuff, and drove over to Bemus, parked my bike near the bridge and road for close to an hour, out to the tip of Long Point and back.  I was not as pumped as Tuesday when I biked Presque Isle but I did it and was home by 11:30. 

Dahlia Dazzling Magic
Evie more or less took the day off, finally, to read her book, American Dirt, either out on the dock in the morning, or the side yard shade in the afternoon.  For lunch, she made me a quesadilla with tomatoes and avocados, a lunchtime staple recently.  Thank goodness for Mexican food.  I am finally into my new book, Ask Again, Yes, by Beth Keane, about a dysfunctional cop family in  New York City.  It took a while but I am into it.

Around 3:00, Evie tired of reading and suggested we go for a cruise, a way to cool off from the 84º day.  So we packed up some water and ginger ale and cruised beyond the bridge and back, along most of Lakeside Drive.  It was cool going, into the wind, still warm on the way home. It felt like a weekend on the lake, boats everywhere, despite being a weekday.  We were back by 4:00 and relaxed, then showered because we were meeting Linda and Ron for dinner at the Bemus Point Gold Club And Tap House For Dinner.  We sat outside at a table, in the shade, fortunately, and
stayed until 8:15, enjoying our beers, onion rings, burgers, pizza, and salad.  We like it because we can sit outside comfortably and not worry about getting too close to others. 

We were home in time to watch the last episode of Part II of Money Heist.  It's clear the writers and producers thought this would be the end of the series at least the way it ended.  They must have then realized how successful it was and wrote and produced two more parts.  And so it goes.  We enjoyed another piece of cherry pie ala mode, compliments of Orton's Fruit Market in North East, PA. 

Truth:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...