Tuesday, July 21, 2020

A Quiet Lake Morning

6:12
It's 8:20, surprisingly humid, as I worked up quite a sweat kayaking over to Tom's Point and back.  It was a fruitless paddle, no herons, eagles, or osprey, just a few mallards, and geese.  Still, it's always good to be out on the water, especially this morning because I had the lake mostly to myself.

Kayak Morning
Yesterday was a busy day in the morning for me, in the afternoon for Evie.  I had to drive into Ashtabula Cleveland Clinic for a test at 11:30, so I was on my way my 10:00.  The test was quick, a ct scan, again, one I have had many times before.  I was back on the road by noon, stopped at Wendy's because the line at Mickey D's was too long.  And, I stopped at Ortons' in North East to pick up another cherry pie, hot from the oven.  Yum.

Pacific Ocean
By the time I returned home, it was 1:30 and I was exhausted from nothing so I took a brief nap then read much of the afternoon.  Evie had been busy, driving to Wegman's in the morning, picking up a few things because we are having friends over for dinner tonight.  Shopping was enough, however, as she wanted to get in some exercise so as usual, she powered up the mower and cut both our neighbors and our yard, working up quite a sweat because of the heat and humidity,  She would smartly stop every 20 minutes for water, trying to keep cool.

The Boys
At 5:00, we went over to our neighbor's yard, Bill and Joyce, and along with other neighbors, Pat and Dave, we safely distanced and had drinks and appetizers.  We sat around in the shade, bemoaning all the restaurant closings in the area, and the fact that we had not seen our families in quite a while. We also avoided talking about our health and pills for once.  It was cool enough to enjoy sitting out in the shade but by 7:00, we were all ready to go home and fix dinner.

Evie quickly whipped up our dinner, the leftover steak, and mushrooms from Sunday night, roasted red potatoes, with eggs and sweet corn. It hit the spot and along with peach pie, we were happy campers.  Because dinner was late, we watched only one episode of Money Heist along with some of the news before going up to bed to read.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...