Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Top Of The Morning

Lindos, Greece, Spring, 1971
6:16
9:00
It's 8:30, a beautiful morning on the lake, calm, puffy clouds, some blue sky, perfect for a long paddle, over to Long Point and back.  I ran into Tina and Jim, also out paddling, then talked with our neighbors, John and Maryanne, on the way home so I was out close to ninety minutes.

Kayak Morning

On A Log
In A Tree
Paddling Home
Yesterday was a nice cool day, lots of sun, a wind picking up in the afternoon. It was a different morning for me, the same one for Evie, enjoying the garden and dock.  After my paddle and breakfast, I met up with two of my breakfast friends, at Charlie's front yard since our breakfast spot is closed.  We sat in his front yard, Dick and I, and Charlie's wife, Wendy, served us iced coffee and banana bread, really nice.  We talked for a good hour, swapping stories of our quarantine.  It was good to see them. 

Breakfast With Charlie And Dick
I had to leave by 11:30 because I had yet another doctor's appointment, this time with my dermatologist, to remove a squamous cell carcinoma from my arm.  She took out a good chunk, needed five stitches to close it up and I have to stay out of the lake for two weeks until they remove the stitches, not very good timing.

Another Crazy Love Dahlia
On the way home, I stopped for a Big Mac for lunch, then at Evans for some wine and home, to take a nap, tired from my exhausting morning doing little.  Evie, meanwhile, had been taking it easy, briefly working in her garden but enjoying the amazing day, either on the dock, the porch, or the side yard.  I joined her around 3:00 and stayed out reading both on the dock and in the yard until it was time to start prepping dinner.

Earlier, on my way to the dermatologist, I stopped at Peterson's Vegetable stand and picked up a basket of peaches and local sweet corn, six small ears.  Evie marinated the salmon earlier in the day, so she put it in the oven for 10 minutes.  I pulled the silk off the corn, left it in the stalk and we microwaved it for three minutes.  We had rice and a tomato and cucumbers salad, more than enough.  The corn was outstanding, as sweet as we have ever had.  I can't wait to get more.  We watched a Hometown, of course, and then a couple more episodes of Money Heist and we are into it, can't wait to watch more tonight, a combination of the absurd, funny, violent, and intense.  Watch it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...