Friday, July 24, 2020

Another Friday

Maldini  Dahlia
5:45 
6:16
6:29
It's a partly cloudy morning and surprisingly cool, making for a pleasant paddle, my usual, Long Point, Sandy Bottom and home.  I spotted both a heron along the shore and what I assume is a bald eagle/hawk?, high up in a pine tree, difficult to see because of the shadows.

Kayak Morning
Great Blue Heron
Hawk?
Yesterday was New Orleans hot, lots of humidity and temperatures in the 80's making for a lazy day for both of us, especially Evie.  For once, she spent most of the day relaxing, out on the dock under the umbrella, reading her book.  She was tempted to mow the yard but overcame the temptation and stayed relaxing.  I was proud of her.  I was determined to do something, so I took my bike down to Mayville, parked it by Webb's Trail, and rode it around the north end of the lake, on Sea Lion Drive and beyond to Ellwood, an area of small cottages and manufactured homes, set along  a creek that leads into the lake.  Almost every homeowner had a pontoon boat moored in front of their houses.  I was gone for a good 50-minute ride, just long enough to make me feel righteous.

Creek Off Of Ellwood
A Quaint Houseboat
When I returned, Evie was out on the dock so I grabbed another half of my sub from Wegman's for lunch and watched my show.  I then read my book, a John Sandford Lucas Davenport crime novel, one of my go-to reads when nothing else grabs me.  And, of course, I fell asleep, then joined Evie on the dock until it became too hot for me and came in and sat on the porch and read.

The Birthday Boy And His Honey
We were meeting Linda and Ron on the Watermark's outdoor patio at 6:30, to celebrate Ron's birthday.  It was a pleasant night to sit outside, catch a breeze, along with five or six other tables.  We had a calamari appetizer, a favorite, and everyone had a different dinner.  Evie had a shrimp and scallops over risotto and I had soft-shelled crabs, maybe for the first time ever.  I really enjoyed it.  We not only enjoyed a beer but a bottle of wine to celebrate Ron's birthday.  We literally were the last to leave it was so enjoyable.

We were home by 9:30, in time to watch the first episode of Part IV of Money Heist. Part III ended with disaster but as usual, things were not as bad as they seemed.  Tokyo and gang will survive, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...