Saturday, July 18, 2020

Bass Boats Roar At 5:30 AM

5:32
6:13
Perfect Perch
Heron Mast Head
It's a sunny, hazy, lazy mid-July morning, the heart of summer.  It was a fine morning for kayaking as I dodged fishing boats on my way to Tom's Point where I photographed two herons, hanging out on the same tree.  Other than the fishing guys, it was a quiet morning, the kind of summer day I remember from my childhood, cool mornings, hot afternoons.

Kayak Morning
Great Blue
Friday ended up being another stellar summer day, so nice that we decided to stay put rather than go out to dinner.  We had a busy morning.  After kayaking and writing the blog, we put together a shopping list and Evie was off to Wegman's by 9:30. 

Biking Trail To Westfield
I decided to go for a bike ride so I drove to the Lighthouse, parked my bike, and rode the Mayville trail, the Sea Lion road, passing our friend Linda, out for a walk, both out and back.  It was great weather, just starting to warm up with a breeze and, fortunately, most of the trail is in the shade of trees.  I was out little less than an hour and was home by 11:30, in time to help Evie put groceries away. 

Mayville Walking Path
Lunch was the black bean soup I made on Thursday, topped with avocados and lime-flavored Tostitos.  Yum.  I watched my show and Evie, having done enough for the day, went out on the dock.  I read, napped, and joined her around 3:00. 

Humpty Dumpty Dahlia
We sat out on the dock, enjoying a beer around 4:30, not coming in until 6:00 it was so pleasant.  There was also a bit of excitement as our neighbors took down a tree in their front yard, perfectly placed to miss their porch.

A Felled And Hollowed Tree
We decided to have a BLT dinner rather than getting showered and gussied up and going out to eat.  It was a good choice because, after the dock, we enjoyed a Manhattan on our porch with Tostitos and fresh salsa from Wegman's.

The BLT's hit the spot, along with a Pepsi, and we watched a couple of Colberts and some news, deciding to skip Money Heist for the night.  It was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...