Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Another Scorcher

6:17
8:05
It's later than usual, 8:45 as I write this because I did not get out on the lake till just before 8:00.  I was up at 6:15 but almost didn't kayak until my guilty conscience told me to get out there and stop being a lazy goat.

Kayak Morning
Yesterday was another in a string of hot days, temperatures all in the high '80's even reaching 90 one day.  I was out of sorts much of the day so after kayaking,  a slug most of the afternoon.  Evie of course always keeps busy, whether in the kitchen or outside in the garden or yard.  We spent a good part of the morning waiting for the oven guy, out for the second time, fixing our oven.  He arrived just after 11:00 and by 11:30 our convection oven and clock/timer were both working.  Fortunately, we bought the extended warranty so it did not cost us a penny. 

Dahlia: Near Perfection
After he left, Evie made me a toasted cheese sandwich and I watched more of my new matinee, Hinterland.  I then turned on the air conditioner and read and napped in our bedroom, away from the annoying heat and humidity.  It was too warm to do much outside except occasionally fish or take in some sun on the dock until we worked up a sweat and decided to return to the shade of our yard or porch.  Evie's into her book, American Dirt, and I am almost finished with mine so we spent a good part of the afternoon reading.

 Dahlia Ready to Bloom
We had our usual beer on the dock around 5:30, then came in and Evie put together our dinner, one that is fast becoming a favorite, eggplant, and tomatoes over pasta, easy and good.  We watched our usual Hometown, the news until it was no longer 'breaking news,' then another crazy episode of Money Heist.  I was glad to get into bed, tired from doing nothing. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...