Thursday, July 23, 2020

A Sultry Morning

Great Blue And The Flag
6:37
A damp morning here at the lake after a half-inch of rain overnight.  I worked up a sweat paddling over to Warner Bay, back to Sandy Bottom and home and photographed three different great blue herons, a good morning.

Kayak Morning
Heron On Woodlawn Dock
Heron Sitting On Downed Tree At Long Point
Another different sort of day for both of us. Early morning rarely changes, with a paddle, blog, and breakfast.  We then decided what the day will bring us.  For Evie, it was a cleaning at the dentist's at 11:00.  For me, a quick trip to Home Depot to look for a new grill as the bottom of my cheap grill from Aldi's fell in, so that there is nothing below the burners.  You get what you pay for I guess.  So I broke down an bought a Weber with three burners and it should last me till I am in my late 80's if I can figure out how to put it together!  It seems like every week we get a message from Wegman's Pharmacy telling us a prescription is ready, so I stopped in, picked up my two prescriptions, and a sub sandwich for lunch.

Blooming Coneflower
I was home at 12:30, had my sub, and watched my show.  Evie was home just after I arrived with the good news, 'no cavities.'  After lunch, I took a good nap in our air-conditioned bedroom and must have needed it since I was up early.  The rest of the afternoon was a waste or we just deserved the leisure of sitting on the front porch till wine time, reading our books. 

5:20
It began to rain around 5:30 just as we were having our wine and a few appetizers, listening to the Dumpster's prevarications. We sat out there until 7:00, enjoying the changing sky, the drizzle, the reality show and finally one of our favorite apple music playlists . 

Dusk
Dinner was easy, just microwaving the leftover English cut, potatoes, and mushrooms, along with a couple ears of corn.  We watched Colbert, then the last two episodes of Money Heist Part III, leaving us with a cliff hanger.  Will they finally be caught? Will Nairobi survive? 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...